prop ?

bassn429

Reaction score
Just picked our new 2012 20sl on mon. The dealer put on a 14 x 11 prop on our 60hp merc bigfoot. Was wondering if anyone else is running this combo and how it performs. ITS GOING TO BE A LONG WINTER :(

14x11 on a 60hp Bigfoot is in the ballpark. Might be just right in fact. Frankly, my suggestion would have been a 14x10 Mercury prop, which obviously is right there for you. You MIGHT lose 1 or 2 mph going one pitch number too big, but you'll have plenty of time to replace that prop later. You know... After you take "Mechanical Depth Soundings". ;)

ITS GOING TO BE A LONG WINTER :(
Bassn, I bought my boat in December of last year. You are right, it was a long, freaking winter. Hang in there.

We have a 2011 20SLi, with the 50hp Yamaha, 14"x13p prop. We get 18mph @ 5600 rpm, i felt i could get a bit more by going to a 14"x11p, so it sounds like you are going to be pretty close to optimal with that prop. After we all suffer the long wait for spring, and you get it broke in, check your WOT rpm and GPS speed. Then you'll know how close you are. I also feel your pain, we got ours october of last year, and had to break her in sitting in the driveway :D

iS SPRING around the corner its going to be a looooooooooooooooooong winter and then come spring its going to feel like forever to break the motor in before dropping the hammer on her. heres to sun and fun next summer again. It cant come soon enough :rolleyes:

Hang in there Bassn. You'll make it.

Back