protection/Cleaning Carpet of new pontoon

bjgill17

Reaction score
We are to get our new toon on Memorial weekend..It is a 22SFI/ Is there anything that should be put on the carpet to protect it and/or is there a product that is best used to clean this kind of carpet when ever (eeekkkk lol) it gets dirty...yes I am the female deckhand...??

Honestly, I just vacuum it and from time to time pressure wash it.

Sometimes you can get a little green around the playpen. Various carpet stain removers work fine.

Keep in mind that your carpet is synthetic. I know plenty of people who just leave their boats exposed to the elements year round and outside of the expected color fading, it cleans right up they same way patio furniture will.

Having said that, I don't suggest DOING that, I just wanted to make the point that these things aren't fragile.

• Use your playpen cover every time, unless you know for sure you'll be boating the very next day.
  • Keep your seats and various surfaces wiped down with any of the mild kitchen type cleaners available. (I like the stuff that has vinegar instead of ammonia)
  • Use 303 protectant on all your seats and surfaces.
  • Your playpen carpet can literally be hosed down any time you like. It'll dry FAST if you just leave it uncovered on a sunny day.
  • Don't get so worried about keeping your boat perfect that you forget why you bought it un the first place. You know, that 3-letter "F" word. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
We just seen our 20 Sli on Friday for the first time. The dealer gave us an opportunity to purchase a protection package for $589.00 to protect our vinyl and carpet from stains for 5 years. They claimed any stain that could not be removed with soap and water the stain protection company would replace the carpet or vinyl at there cost.

We are just goiong to 303 everything. Our experiance with these type companies on our house hold furniture was not good. We had a leather sofa that got stained we had to hound the company everyday for 6 months. The store we purchased the warrenty was useless. Yes we got it replaces but dealing with these people was a nightmare.

Mt experiance is limited however the warrenty is only as good as the company.

We just seen our 20 Sli on Friday for the first time. The dealer gave us an opportunity to purchase a protection package for $589.00 to protect our vinyl and carpet from stains for 5 years. They claimed any stain that could not be removed with soap and water the stain protection company would replace the carpet or vinyl at there cost.

We are just goiong to 303 everything. Our experiance with these type companies on our house hold furniture was not good. We had a leather sofa that got stained we had to hound the company everyday for 6 months. The store we purchased the warrenty was useless. Yes we got it replaces but dealing with these people was a nightmare.

Mt experiance is limited however the warrenty is only as good as the company.
I'm with you on those protection packages. What a ripoff!! We have had nothing but hassles with any product we have purchased with this option.
angry.gif

303 is absolutely the way to go. We use the cleaner as well as the protectant on everything....plus plain water and Mr. Clean magic erasers for mildew and harder to remove stains. Have never thought to use 303 protectant on the carpet. Has anyone else done this?? We ordered snap out carpet because our boat goes in for the season and out at the end of the season with no access to water on our dock. We can just take the carpet up to the house to power wash it if necessary.

I'm with you on those protection packages. What a ripoff!! We have had nothing but hassles with any product we have purchased with this option.
angry.gif

303 is absolutely the way to go. We use the cleaner as well as the protectant on everything....plus plain water and Mr. Clean magic erasers for mildew and harder to remove stains. Have never thought to use 303 protectant on the carpet. Has anyone else done this?? We ordered snap out carpet because our boat goes in for the season and out at the end of the season with no access to water on our dock. We can just take the carpet up to the house to power wash it if necessary.
I don't know yet if we made a mistake by not paying for the snap out carpet. But every dealer I talked to says they power wash everything at the beginning of a season. Personaly I would not take a power washer to the whole boat and

beat it up like that. I tend to treat my boats with a bit more TLC. I would most likly use my household Hoover Vacuum & Hoover carpet cleaner for which I have had excellent results in the past on my snap out carpet.

And yes I will 303 every thing I can. Get this I have an old 1971 Browning Tri hull That I zip around the lake on and that boat has a 28 year old canvas cover that I put 303 on years ago. I still use that cover on my old boat and I dock it in the water all season. Every other year I give it a good 303 spray down. The stuff works.

Personally I would not take a power washer to the whole boat and

beat it up like that. I tend to treat my boats with a bit more TLC.
You know I'm referring to one of those low powered electric pressure washers, right?

Or at the very least a gas washer with the largest fitting.

You could skip the pressure washer altogether and just use a hose with a good nozzle.

The real point is that these are boats. Water ain't gonna hurt 'em, short of sinking. B)

You know I'm referring to one of those low powered electric pressure washers, right?

Or at the very least a gas washer with the largest fitting.

You could skip the pressure washer altogether and just use a hose with a good nozzle.

The real point is that these are boats. Water ain't gonna hurt 'em, short of sinking. B)
Nope, I did not know you were talking about a low powered electric pressure washer. Mine is 3000 psi. Glad I have the common sence not to use it.

angry.gif

I am curious. Do you use 303 protectant or 303 fabric guard?

I do ,but I do not have the new furniture

Back