prps

tom

Reaction score
i have a new 2011 20 sli. aprox 20 hrs .prop has 13 pitch . with 2 people canot get over 3800 rpm. any suggestins. thanks tom

Hi Tom, welcome to the Club! A little more info please, engine size, toon diameter, trim angle, prop diameter. I have an '11 20SLi 50 hp Yamaha, 25" toons, trim 1/2 -3/4, 14"x 13p prop, 5600 rpm, 18 mph. Get back to us :)

Hi Tom, welcome to the Club! A little more info please, engine size, toon diameter, trim angle, prop diameter. I have an '11 20SLi 50 hp Yamaha, 25" toons, trim 1/2 -3/4, 14"x 13p prop, 5600 rpm, 18 mph. Get back to us :)
thanks for respondinf . 70 horsev 4 stroke yamaha. trim 1/2 3/4. ibelieve 14 x 13 pitch . aprox 20 hrs on motor .

thanks again tom

Hi Tom. Well somethings not right. My first thought is your way over propped and need to have maybe a 9 or 10. But then I read G&Bs post and I'm not so sure. You should consult with your dealer, making sure motor is okay, throttle cable set up properly etc. Then see if he can swap out props for you and try a lower pitch prop. As a rule of thumb going down 1 in pitch will increase your rpms by 400. Just a guide not set in stone

Your tachometer might not be showing the correct rpm. My Sedona L21 (by Bennington), with a Yamaha F75, turns just over 6000 rpm with a 13 pitch 13 5/8 diameter.

The tach on my boat was configured/wired incorrectly when I took delivery of my boat. Not sure if it was a dealer, or manufacturing problem. The fix took the mechanic less than a minute.

Hi Tom. Well somethings not right. My first thought is your way over propped and need to have maybe a 9 or 10. But then I read G&Bs post and I'm not so sure. You should consult with your dealer, making sure motor is okay, throttle cable set up properly etc. Then see if he can swap out props for you and try a lower pitch prop. As a rule of thumb going down 1 in pitch will increase your rpms by 400. Just a guide not set in stone
thanks 4 responding . i will be contacting dealer tommorrow.will keep u posted

Your tachometer might not be showing the correct rpm. My Sedona L21 (by Bennington), with a Yamaha F75, turns just over 6000 rpm with a 13 pitch 13 5/8 diameter.

The tach on my boat was configured/wired incorrectly when I took delivery of my boat. Not sure if it was a dealer, or manufacturing problem. The fix took the mechanic less than a minute.
thanks . will.talk 2 dealer. will post fix

Mine had directions for setting up the tach in the owners manual. there is a dial on back of the tach with numbers coresponding to your engine wether it is 4/6/or 8 cylinder. Some tachs may have dip switches also. Would be worth looking at before wasting time and fuel to pull it somewhere if its a 1 minute switch change.

Back