Q,R,G Differences?

Bornpertz

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time on their website figuring out the differences between the models. Other than the obvious differences what am I missing?

My boat will be ESP 250-300hp. I guess what confuses me most is that they all seem to be able to offer up the same options in terms of speakers, seating, helm and color upgrades.

If I were to choose the same toons, motor, layout and options - what would be different?

Not interested in any arches. I've searched the forums and haven't been able to come to a good conclusion. If they offer the same options/upgrades - I dont see what could be the difference....

Sure wish they'd stream line it down like in car buying so you know EXACTLY what the differences are.

Obviously visiting a dealer and seeing in person would help but then again the near unlimited upgrades would still confuse me. I'm likely going to pick the nicest seating regardless as that seems to be a very valuable option in terms of look and feel.

The Helm on the Q and R is different than the G. That is one big difference. The design in siding on the R has a curve to it that is different than the G. The Q obviously has the distinctive difference with curved front panels. Also some of the furniture is is slightly different in design among the the 3 models. As you go up in model they build a little more luxury in to the design. Others can offer up their differences but to me these are the major one's.

Last edited:
The interior seating is not as nice on the G, the R and Q interiors seemed very similar. The exterior fencing is more robust on the R than the G, and you move to fiberglass on the Q.

The interior seating is not as nice on the G, the R and Q interiors seemed very similar. The exterior fencing is more robust on the R than the G, and you move to fiberglass on the Q.

You only move to fiberglass on the QX not the Q.

As you indicated, probably the best way to experience the difference is to visit your dealer. As you also stated, layout is most important. Good luck and enjoy the journey...

The interiors are quite nice on all the models now. In upgrads, there’s the S Premium model interior upgrade, then you go to G, G Sport, R, etc .... Each step is a little fancier, bigger, pillow top options, etc ...
Again, it’s a fits all budgets pontoon company ... ;)

I’d beg to differ, my G Sport interior is nicer than my R was, just not as wide in certain areas and no fold down arms on front lounger. Then again I had a 2011 R vs. 2017 G but I still think my G is just as nice, especially with the Simtex now.

The interiors are quite nice on all the models now. In upgrads, there’s the S Premium model interior upgrade, then you go to G, G Sport, R, etc .... Each step is a little fancier, bigger, pillow top options, etc ...
Again, it’s a fits all budgets pontoon company ... ;)
Do you know what the major interior upgrades are when going from an S to a S premium, thanks ?

I’d beg to differ, my G Sport interior is nicer than my R was, just not as wide in certain areas and no fold down arms on front lounger. Then again I had a 2011 R vs. 2017 G but I still think my G is just as nice, especially with the Simtex now.

Not as nice is certainly subjective, and I maybe could have used a better description. I recall that the seating in the G's were narrower than the R's, and it wasn't as comfortable for me. (2018 models)

What made the decision easier for me, was seeing them side by side at my dealer. It was a lot easier to see the difference in fencing vs looking at pictures online, and being able to move around and sit in the interiors made a big difference.

Do you know what the major interior upgrades are when going from an S to a S premium, thanks ?

Here's a couple pics. Premium interior is quite noticeable ...

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Back