Question about 2019 Bennington SXSAPG Tritoon with 150 Mercury

Scooter638

Reaction score
Good evening all, and thanks for admission to the group. I'm looking to buy my first TriToon, and found at a local boat dealer the above captioned 2019. Is anyone aware of any particular issues with this model/year Bennington? The boat is super clean and priced right.

I don't know if your selling dealer is a Bennington dealer but remember to transfer the balance of the warranty at an authorized Bennington dealer.

Are you able to post the listing? How many hrs. are on it? The reason I ask is on our lake here we see a lot of used 1-3 yr old pontoon boats that look great and are reasonably priced. But when you read the specs and see (for example) that it's a 2023 model with 350 hrs on it you quickly realize that it was in a fleet of a boat club and they are selling it when it hits a certain hour range. Now we know a couple people that have purchased boats from a boat club and are really happy with it because of the reduced price etc. But for me personally I wouldn't want a boat that was run every day, possibly abused by people that don't know what they are doing or just don't care. Weekend warriors so to speak. Just my opinion. So really look into the boat that you mentioned......

Welcome! All good questions to ask and have answered. In addition, is the dealer that is selling it the original dealer and have they been servicing the boat? If so they will hopefully let you know the skinny especially if they are going to continue to service the boat for you. Most dealers want to keep new and hopefully ongoing customers happy beyond an initial sales commission. If not, buyer beware.

Welcome! Sounds like a nice Bennington. You can to the right forum for information. Good Luck!

I'll bite as a newbie to a tritoon, or any toon after 40 years of owning V hulls.... grandkids...more dogs....I said never...but i did:) What is PADS

I'll bite as a newbie to a tritoon, or any toon after 40 years of owning V hulls.... grandkids...more dogs....I said never...but i did:) What is PADS
There is a member on this forum named Derrick from Manitoba. (Our brother to the north) Anyway back in the day he traded up several Benningtons within a short period of time. Can't remember how many new boats he obtained but we affectionately call it "PADS"! (Pulled Another Derrick Syndrome!) whenever a forum member thinks about getting another boat or trades up to get another boat!!!

What NC lake are you on?!?

Daril
We live on Lake Wylie. Have boated on it since 80's but move to it in 2000. Not my favorite lake in NC but still work and its close to my shop. We had our first boat on Lake Norman but kids were young and it was pretty busy during the weekends when we could go out.
Peter

There is a member on this forum named Derrick from Manitoba. (Our brother to the north) Anyway back in the day he traded up several Benningtons within a short period of time. Can't remember how many new boats he obtained but we affectionately call it "PADS"! (Pulled Another Derrick Syndrome!) whenever a forum member thinks about getting another boat or trades up to get another boat!!!
That’s a riot. A way of achieving Bennington club immortality! Thanks for asking and answering the question. With a little insider knowledge as a new member I feel like I’m in the club now.

And hats off to a dedicated boater in Manitoba, beautiful and gets really cold a lot. Short boating season!

Daril
We live on Lake Wylie. Have boated on it since 80's but move to it in 2000. Not my favorite lake in NC but still work and its close to my shop. We had our first boat on Lake Norman but kids were young and it was pretty busy during the weekends when we could go out.
Peter
We've been on Lake Wylie a few times! Nice lake! Been to Papa Doc's a bunch of times and even test drove a Veranda there at an in water boat show a few years ago! Also my wife's company has had their Christmas party at Drifts! Nice place!

My Cobalt is now at MorningStar Marina where Drifts is located. We live right across the lake in NC, a neighborhood call the Sanctuary. Benny will stay at MorningStar for a bit too or maybe full time. Have not decided yet.

Back