Question about pontoon construction

Oldchuck

Reaction score
New here and trying to get a complete understanding on Bennington's.
Does anyone know if Bennington makes their own pontoons or if they buy from a manufacturer who makes pontoons for various brands?
Curious because many of the popular toons are now owned by Polaris and it would make sense to consolidate the manufacturing process or different aspects of the process. Prior to Polaris acquiring Bennington the former owner also made different brands.

Bennington makes the tubes in-house. Mistakes happen in all lines of manufacturing and Bennington will rectify any and all problems. If I had the opportunity to buy another boat, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Bennington.

Here’s a Twitter post screenshot of Benningtons being produced in their facility.

DA3E661B-41B8-4E52-97D1-15DF2195E3C0.jpeg

I didn't know you were a twit? :rolleyes:

I didn't know you were a twit? :rolleyes:
I do very little, mostly follow peoples tweets , but that came from a Google search ......

Oldchuck,

If you do a search on the forums someone posted a video they took while doing an insight tour of the Bennington factory in Elkhart, Indiana. It was pretty good and very detailed. It included portions of the video where they are making, rolling and welding the actual pontoons. Just an FYI if you actually want to see the process in some detail. The only hick up is you’d need to search for and find it in these forums as I do not remember who originally posted it or what thread it is in. That said, I believe it was less than 6-8 months ago...

Polaris does not even own Bennington yet. The deal does not close until sometime in August. Any issues that maybe occurring are with Bennington. I would argue strongly that the issue are very low when compared to volume.

Back