Question For Team Bennington On QCW 2575

Jack65K

Reaction score
I have been told by my dealer that a forward bimini top is not available for my 2012 QCW 2575 - outboard. It seems that they are available for the I/O but not the outboard - can you please explain why they are not available for the outboard model?

Thanks

Jack

A quick glance at the two floorplans tell me that the I/O has a longer rail platform that will accommodate two frames...the O/B rail platform is slightly smaller, and combined with the compund radius bow, does not allow for the double frame foorprint. :mellow:

Thanks TB for the quick explanation!

Jack

I have a Q and I don't mean to second guess anyone just asking a question. How much shorter could a O/B version be.

DSC01858.jpg

DSC01715.jpg

DSC01708.jpg

I have a Q and I don't mean to second guess anyone just asking a question. How much shorter could a O/B version be.
I have asked the question several times. I got jerked around by my dealer who quoted me a ridiculous price just for the parts. I tried to get more info from my dealer and they just ignored my request. I got the run around from the Bennington Rep I when asked about the prices I received. My thread about the second bimini for the "Q" got locked up by administrators. Some kinda conspiracy I am guessing.... Discrimination I say! Just because my boat get better gas mileage, weighs hundreds of pounds less and is not scared of shallow water?? LOL

I am not knocking Team Bennington here. Super happy "Q" Owner:)

Wish I was heading out on the boat today!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

Don't have time to pull the floorplans for you, but you will see the difference if you look at them side by side. The difference comes from the center bench size on the I/O versus OB, combined with the built-in platform on the OB versus the added platform on the I/O. The I/O has a slightly longer deck than the OB (approximately 12"), therefore giving it a slightly larger rail platform. No conspiracy here! :)

With a plethora (collegiate TB) of models, we have to standardize top frame sizes for double biminis and enclosures. 10-foot frames are used. If the top frame footprint is too long for a boat, some dealers are able to "customize" a frame by shortening it. This also requires custom canvas.

TB That makes sence. had no Idea the OB inner fram was that much smaller. And when I look at the photos of my Q I see there is not that much room to move forward. The front bimini leg is right near where the rail starts to curve. SO I can see how you would need to make a special bimini Just for the O/B version of the Q

Back