Question for Team Bennington. Using a lift for Pontoon

Yes that is what i am asking.My bunks will be perpendicular. I will only have two because of the structure of my lift. Think of it as a fork lift, lifting your boat from the port side. Will this work?

Thanks,

Dave
Dave, have you thought about adding parallel bunks 'on top of' your existing perpendicular supports? If you have the depth this modification to your lift might be the best way to go.

Dave, have you thought about adding parallel bunks 'on top of' your existing perpendicular supports? If you have the depth this modification to your lift might be the best way to go.
Dclapp, are your tubes all the same diameter? If not perpendicular would be a trick. I modified my lift and went perpendicular. I used 3" steel channel on edge and used 5 for a 25 foot barge. I bolted 2x4's flat on top of the channel with bunk carpet. It is supported very well but if you have an ellip center tube it will take some engineering to do it. Good thing about perpendicular is if it's in the slip, it's on the lift. Steve

Thanks all. My lift installer is going to add parallel bunks under each toon. Thanks to Bennington and everyone that responded to my question. You are all a very helpful group of folks!!

Dave

Back