RADIO - ANTENNA and MEMORY and SPEAKERS

Captmisket

Reaction score
I have a 2014 22SF. I want to upgrade my speakers and antenna. Also, I dock my boat, turn the battery switch to "OFF", then when I use the boat again, all my stations held in memory are gone and have to reprogram every time. It's a pain. Need to somehow boost my range for stations. Too crackly all the time. Any suggestions on speakers and antenna appreciated. My boat has an onboard battery charger which I connect every time I bring her to the dock.

I bought a longer "T" antenna for under the helm spread it out and taped it to the top underneath . When they come the the factory they are bundled up and tied to the other wiring . On my 2014 I just lived with it loosing memory .The new radios dont loose memory . Since you charge your battery daily you can run a separate power wire directly ,or even add another battery .

Unless it's one of the upgraded units ,I don't think the Sony units had Bluetooth. My 2014 RCW didn't. It had an iPhone adapter for the USB in the tray.

There is likely a wire on the stereo that can be connected to always on 12V power. It's common practice in the marine industry to leave disconnected due to the long inactivity period for many users. The parasitic draw can and will drain a battery if given enough time.

A few years back in a similar thread the radio memory was brought up. Carl stated it was the yellow wire for memory . Do a search upper right corner

A few years back in a similar thread the radio memory was brought up. Carl stated it was the yellow wire for memory . Do a search upper right corner
That’s correct. Normally auto/marine use yellow as memory, red for switched power and blue for amp/power antenna signal.

New owner of a 2016 24SSL. Our presets don’t work at all. Can’t find a model on the Sony unit to look it up. To set a preset, do you just hold the button (1-5) for a few seconds like most radios? Thanks!

They still had a them on Amazon a few weeks ago . I had one on my 2014 if you shut down your power the sonys do not have memory retention. You also have the option of direct wiring it as others have done.

Yes yellow is for the memory. It will be a draw on your battery.

My question is more about the function of the presets. With the radio powered on, I was learning how to set the time, played with the Bluetooth and fixed a speaker. The only thing that didn’t work was the ability to set presets. I thought maybe you were saying the preset function would not work at all unless the yellow wire was hot. Otherwise, I think that function is broken on this unit unless there is some real obscure combination of button pushes to set presets. Thanks!

Back