Rear Galley Trim pieces

MrG

Reaction score
Hey folks, hope everyone is doing well. Hey, I need a trim piece. The one that goes around the door of my rear galley. I called the dealer and he called Bennington and they told him this piece I’m looking for is no longer available. I was wondering if anyone knew the vendor who originally made this rear galley and perhaps I can buy it from them direct here is a picture of mine. It’s the trim piece that goes around the door.
My boat is a 2012 2575 QC W

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 11
The Trim is the piece that gos around the door. It’s a Vacuum Formed piece that doubles as a Trim piece and where the door hinge mounts to. You can see the door is not centered because the trim piece is broken and the door is kinda hanging

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 10
Kinda hard to tell on a stock photo what that trim piece looks like but I would guess for a 12-year old boat your options are either 1) try for a miracle on ebay that there is some cheap Chinese knock off, 2) jerry rig the part out of some automotive trim, or fabricate yourself, or 3) go to a boat bone yard and hope to find a similar model.

IMG_3361.jpeg

Occasionally Great Lakes Skipper has oddball stuff like that?

My hunch is if you don’t get lucky with Greatlakeskipper or EBay that getting something fabricated is likely your next best option. If it comes to that, an automotive body shop might have some good ideas for fabricating one for you - especially one that deals with classic cars and is more used to fabricating speciality items.

thanks for your reply’s and Ideas. I have reached out to Great Lakes skipper and fingers crossed they might have or know where to find this.
Question. Do you think Bennington made this rear galley or do you think Bennington had a 3rd party vendor make it?
My hopes are that this Rear galley was made by another company that still makes they and or has parts.

I personally have the ability to Re-make one of these, but it is so far down low on my things that need to get done. And taking this project to a “Body Shop” OMG most would be like $1500 of make somthing for ya

Back