Rear lounger cushion

Dave swavey

Reaction score
Traveling back from the lake my Left rear lounger cushion left the boat, either the changing room came up or the wind caught it. Now Bennington is questioning whether that is a manufactures problem. I have a 2013 GCW 2574, rear loungers ,200 yamaha SHO. Has this happened to anyone else. No one at the dealership said anything about securing this during traveling. There is no way to secure other than storage seems kinda odd you should have to do that.

There was someone on here that had it happen. I have not had any issues, although I consciously walk to the back and ensure the loungers are seated properly. I'm assuming that since you mentioned about the change room that it was the little short end piece that flew off. I know there were a few times on my last boat that at a quick glance it seems secure, but when I actually physically checked it, the little lip/bracket thing wasn't actually in correct. That may be what happened. I have to tow my boat 45-55 min each way to the lake so I make sure I check. I believe the previous person keeps his under the helm or something when he tows now. Just to be on the safe side. 

That small cushion piece flew off my boat when towing at about 60mph. We stopped to retrieve it and found the screws in the metal bracket that hook under the storage wall, had ripped clean out of the underside plywood. I reattached the bracket in a new spot but now always remove and store them when towing.

My dealer warned me of this. If I'm going over 50 MPH I take them out or use my cover. Under 50 MPH and they fly out, in my opinion it's a warranty issue. Did you hit a big bump? I was in a construction zone following a truck pulling a runabout and he hoy a bump and the boat lifted a good six inches. (No rear straps)

We hear of flying rear seats from time to time.  And the replacements are not cheap.  It's doubtful that it's a warranty claim, however.

Thanks for reminding us of the problem.

Anyone trailering a boat should use a small chain or other manner of securing any unhinged seats.

Bennington Stepped up and replaced the cushion, thanks for your responses. Hopefully the G model gets a bracket to secure that.

Awesome to hear!

Back