Rear Speaker Install - R25 No Tower

E4products

Reaction score
I would like a little more music outside of the pontoon and I was just wondering if anyone has installed rear facing speakers in the back of the loungers. This area has a slight curve so I'm not sure how well a speaker would fit in this area.

The area I'm talking about is just left of the fake grill in the attached picture.

image.jpg

Looks like a 5" or 6" round would fit there. What's the height of the base where the grill is?

It's about 8" high, so the standard 6" speaker will fit. I was just concerned about the curvature and what foam type material should be used as a gasket to fill the gaps.

I'm betting when you tighten the speaker down it will compress the foam/vinyl where the curve won't be noticeable other than might be a little thicker looking on one side. Just remember to measure twice, then measure again, then start cutting .......

The custom car stereo guys who build all types of custom enclosures for doors and trunks could probably make a fiberglass one for the curve that would look factory. Not cheap but neither is the boat!

You might want to verify that the under seat area there has no additional obstructions like double wall construction, wiring, hoses, fuel lines etc., before getting out the 6" hole saw.

You might want to verify that the under seat area there has no additional obstructions like double wall construction, wiring, hoses, fuel lines etc., before getting out the 6" hole saw.
Yeah, a 6" vent hole in the fuel tank does not fix the fueling issues some owners have ....... ;)

Back