Recent 2014 deliveries

Sorry about how you don't feel good about your dealer. However there is a lot of the setup that the dealer has to do and entry will be necessary. I think the only thing Bennington throws in is a soft side cooler usually under the helm. A Bennington plastic folder with paperwork and manuals in it and the fire extinguisher. Any other items were given to me by my dealer. Hats for the family with their logo on them and four dock lines.They forgot to install the extra battery and gave me a new one and offered to come to my storage and install it but I opted to do it myself. 
Thanks everyone. This will be a simple test I suppose to see how honest our dealer is! (he was super friendly/accomodating while pursuing the sale but now that the conquest is over he has no time for us. I'm reserving final judgement & see how it goes. Hope I'm wrong)

Last edited by a moderator:
I will report back when I get my boat. I am just hoping for a smooth delivery, no Quality issues and it to arrive before July 4th.

Thanks everyone. This will be a simple test I suppose to see how honest our dealer is! (he was super friendly/accomodating while pursuing the sale but now that the conquest is over he has no time for us. I'm reserving final judgement & see how it goes. Hope I'm wrong)
Regarding above post: I WAS wrong, everything ended up very well. Gotta remember: dealers are people too & have bad days like all of us : ) Hope it's smooth for you too Lone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up my 2014 today from Snug Harbor Marine. Great dealer. We had a soft sided cooler.

Tell us about the boat!

We did ger the black soft-sided cooler (no logo) and it comes in handy.  But....good friends bought us a Yeti as a "Happy New Boat" gift....It's AWESOME!!!

Received a black soft sided cooler with our new 24sslx, it was under the front seat

We did ger the black soft-sided cooler (no logo) and it comes in handy.  But....good friends bought us a Yeti as a "Happy New Boat" gift....It's AWESOME!!!
Quite a NICE boat warming present! Very good friends.

We received the same black soft side cooler as well!  We've used it every time on the boat so far!  I bought a $70 black 5 day Coleman Max as a boat only cooler and haven't used it yet!

We got a black soft side cooler, a bennington boat bag, 2 bennington beach towels, a bennington hat, a bennington visor, and the dealer threw in 2 nice travel cups (from the marina) and a 6 pack of wine coolers.   Our dealer was awesome!

Sorry for my Delay in responding....Disappointed to report that alas I was not a lucky winner in the soft sided cooler lottery :(  ..... WOW jfrack, talk about a goodie bag.

has anyone experience metal shavings on their floor? The wife and I have cut ourselves a few times walking/sitting on the floor from what appears to be metal shavings. I plan to let TB know as its uncomfortable not knowing when you might cut your foot or hand from being on the floor...

has anyone experience metal shavings on their floor? The wife and I have cut ourselves a few times walking/sitting on the floor from what appears to be metal shavings. I plan to let TB know as its uncomfortable not knowing when you might cut your foot or hand from being on the floor...
Normal result of the manufacturing process. Shame on your dealer for not properly cleaning/ prepping the boat for you. Start your complaint there.

McZiggy, I bought the black Coleman cooler for a beach trip a few weeks ago, the drain plug leaked, I had to put a small bowl under it while it was in the condo. Took it back and got the white Igloo Marine that looks similar.

No free cooler for us at pickup.  We've been considering a Yeti cooler for the boat.  I just can't wrap my head around the price.  Do the Igloos or Coleman's keep ice as well.  Testing sites say they do but I wonder if some testing sites trade reviews for kickbacks.

How long do you plan on being out? Yeti's are nice, but as you stated, rather pricy. My opinion, if your on a lake with a Marina, stopping and grabbing ice might be less costly, plus you get more room in other coolers. Just my opinion.

Or live on the lake!!! Ice, food, beds!! I had to!

Sorry for my Delay in responding....Disappointed to report that alas I was not a lucky winner in the soft sided cooler lottery :(  ..... WOW jfrack, talk about a goodie bag.
My dealer was absolutely awesome!   They also threw in the coast guard kit ( flares, 4 life jackets, air horn...)  Oh, and the quick clips for the mooring cover too!

Back