Recommendations for Bunk Trailer

Do you have a Bennington Dealer near you? If so they would be your best bet.

I suggest finding a dedicated trailer dealer for a new one. Google maps or just a Google search should give you what you need. At least do this to get a feel for prices because in my experience, buying only a trailer from a boat dealer is like going to a car dealer for out of warranty service ... yeah, it'll get done right but boy, are you gonna PAY!

If you want used, try FB Marketplace or Craigslist but stay local and see them in person. Make sure you can see the title before you pay.

I second the Yacht Club recommendation. Galvanized aren't the prettiest but they'll last a lot longer than the painted/powder coated ones.

Better stuff out there than Yacht Club...but they may be a price leader in your area. And painted steel is fine for a trailer that benefits from indoor storage, as ours does in Wisconsin. There, we have a Trinity scissors trailer that looks like new after more than 15 years of use. In Florida, we have a Road King galvanized bunk under our tritoon. 5 years of outdoor storage and it is already showing some weathering. So, it all depends on your use case...

I have a RedLine custom out of Ocala FL, excellent trailer. Trailers, like boats, have gone way up!

The Bennington (or at least my Bennington) seems to be a bit wider than most other brand tritoons (center to center outside logs). I have attempted to buy a couple of different trailers (without adjustable bunks) and they are too narrow.

I really liked my EZ Loader Custom Executive series trailer, the second one that had the extended support for the center toon

We have a McClain Trailer on our new boat. Had an EZ Loader Custom on our previous boat. Other than a few sharp edges that we had to grind down and smooth out, we like the McClain trailer, it does sit higher at the hitch, and we have it set up for some longer trips. IE: two spares tires, two space hubs, and all tires are Goodyear Endurance. Added transom and bow straps. Note: it is a wider trailer than a normal 96" or 102" trailer.

Attachments

• PXL_20230929_200426184.jpg
    PXL_20230929_200426184.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20230920_225844912.jpg
    PXL_20230920_225844912.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20230920_225833817.jpg
    PXL_20230920_225833817.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 10
A little off topic but I trailed my 23Q about 7 hours and wish I had installed bow straps. The movement of the boat on some not so smooth interstate rubbed through the carpet on the front bump stops. Easy enough to recover them but hate it on a 2 yr old new trailer. Will strap bow down and slightly off the carpet for any future long hauls.

I know in '17, Bennington used Heritage Trailers. It says "Bennington by Heritage" on it. 1710174611542.png

Last edited:
Back