Red and Green Nav lights are both out

Four R's

Reaction score
We have a 2012 2275 GCW.  Both nav lights are out but the white light on top of the bimmini still lights.  I assume they are on the same circuit because usually  they all come on once I flip the nav lights on.  Now the nav lights son't work at all.  Could it be a connection somewhere between the white light and the colored lights?  Find it hard to believe that both bulbs went out?  If I am to check the bulbs, do I screw just the cover off the nav lights or do I have to take off the large screws first which holds the plastic housing down for both the nav lights and dock lights?  Last question, bulbs.  Are they special order type bulbs.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
On our boat the navigation lights are on the same switch as the anchor light. Push the top half of the switch down the nav lights and anchor light are lit. Push the bottom half down and just the anchor light is lit. 

So are the nav lights working or not? You said they were out until you flip the switch and they ALL come on.......

If you are underway at night the nav lights and anchor light are required.

If you are just sitting there only the anchor light is required. 

I just had this problem --- bulb was just loose/a little corroded.  On mine (2015) I had to remove both main screws for the entire unit and one of the screws for the nav light that went into the deck.  Unplug the unit underneath, (2 plugs, one for nav the other for dock light -- mark one  with a magic marker so you know which ones to plug back together) flip the entire unit over and removed the other nav light screw that had a nut on it. I removed the light, cleaned it and the contacts, applied some dilectric grease and put the bulb back in making sure it made good contact. Plugged everything together and made sure they worked. Then remount the entire unit.  I totally removed both of mine so I had to replace the silicone in the holes the plugs go through.  I was going to replace both with leds but don't use it enough at night... maybe when one of the bulbs finally burn out.

mine: switch up == nav & anchor, switch middle == both off, switch down== anchor only 

Back