Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

Reflections on 1st Season of Ownership

Discussion in 'Pontoon Forum' started by Bronco, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Vikingstaff

Vikingstaff Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to hearing about your experience with it, and hopefully checking it out in person sometime. I hope it does the trick for you.

2. Chris Z

Chris Z Well-Known Member

+1 on the Vantage Guard.

I checked their website and there are no dealers within 100+ miles of me. I'm wondering if they will sell me their product properly cut for my Benny and let me install it myself. I'll have to give them a call.

Vikingstaff likes this.
  3. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Well-Known Member

Went to school at Roger Williams U (right on Mt. Hope bay) back in the day and my wife's from Rhode island so know your area well. Are you able to take your boat to Martha's Vineyard or Newport??? Curious.

Vikingstaff likes this.
  4. MrBall

MrBall New Member

Great write-up. Thanks for the feedback and review!

5. Mike31406

Mike31406 Well-Known Member

Well stated, thanks for sharing with the forum. Glad you had a good first season on your Bennington.

6. Bronco

Bronco Active Member

RWU is an undiscovered gem of a campus. They don't come in a much more beautiful setting.

Am I "able" or WOULD I take the triton to MV or Newport of Block Island are two very different questions LOL. I could take it on a flat glass waters crystal clear day, but I still wouldn't. We have more appropriate vessels in the family to go out in open waters. There are just too many variables to account for with the weather. I can get enough excitement without that LOL!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    BigKahuna and Vikingstaff like this.
  7. Timothy regan

Timothy regan New Member

We are in the process of ordering a new G series fastback. Your right up was terrific. We live in Cape Cod and the boat will be in saltwater for the boating season. Would appreciate any advice. We have been told by the dealer that we have covered all the “culprits” concerning salt water. We are really exited about the whole process. Thank you

8. Timothy regan

Timothy regan New Member

9. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Well-Known Member

10. TwoTone

TwoTone Well-Known Member

Somewhere in Cabo... or Central Oregon...
    Great review...

Thanks for taking the time to write it...

11. Bronco

Bronco Active Member

I've only had one season in, but I haven't seen any destructive effects of the salt water....yet! I rinse it down after every use and cover the boat if it won't be used for more than a few days. I don't scrub it down like it with older boats in the past. The materials are new, synthetic etc. and just a hosing down seems to have been fine. One tip is that my Yamaha has a flush out valve on it. You just unscrew the cap and twist in a typical hose and run fresh water to flush out the engine. I didn't do this every time-some people do.

I assume that covering "culprits" included getting the bottom painted with marine guard paint. If not, definitely do that. A "must do" in my opinion.

Always lift the engine out of the water when not in use, but I assume you already know that.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  12. lakeliving

lakeliving Well-Known Member

Same here Bronco, I rinse the toons, keep it covered and flush the motor after every use. So far I haven't observed any difference compared to boating in fresh water.

Bronco, Vikingstaff and Spoiledrotten like this.