Refrigerator Battery

pakenney32

Reaction score
Can anyone share a photo of how the battery for the refrigerator should be hooked up. I know it is fully charged. The light for the refrigerator is on, but it is not getting cold. Any tips? Suggestions? Thank you.

What brand/model of fridge? What’s thermostat set at. If it’s a small dorm fridge they typically don’t cool super fast AND when you open the door that cold dissipates quickly.
What temperature are you getting with it running?

Hello. It is a Dometic fridge. We put it up pretty high. Seems to kill battery pretty quickly too. Again, the light was on but didn’t chill.

Appreciate any help!

Is it 12V or 110? If 110 it has to use an inverter which is a HUGE power hog and wil eat the battery quickly. My 12V uses 5 amps in cooling and .5 in standby mode.
Your battery is 50% use at rated ah (wet cell) so if it’s a 60ah you have 30ah usable. If that fridge runs non stop that’s 6 hours of use till your battery hits 50%?

Does it have a freezer? If so did it get cold?
Some of these units don’t like an initial high setting they tend to “freeze up” and won’t cool. Try an init setting of 3-4 and make sure you stock it with cool items. It has to work 3 times as hard to cool warm soda/water/food. Throw in a couple bottles of frozen water and swap them out with frozen from feeezer when they start to thaw. This helps the unit with cooling. Also make sure there’s airflow at back wall. Don’t push stuff up tight against the back, it needs to breathe.
Just remember, these aren’t like a residential fridge, personally, I think a Yeti is probably just as good as these mini fridges (or better).

Back