Remove black streaks from playpen cover

Kyle Roach

Reaction score
This is my second year with my 04 2275 fsi. I put a good coat of wax on the aluminum hull before putting in water and notice some streaks are starting to show up now and believe are coming from the playpen snaps. I did put silicone on the snaps but I starTed to use starbrite black streak remover but noticed it started to take of the coat of wax. Any recommendations on what to use to remove the streaks?

Common problem. You can buy a black streak remover online or at major retailers. But be careful with the elbow grease. I had a 2001 Benny for years and would regularly scrub the black streaks off. I scrubbed so many times, I wore through the paint!

If you ever get a new custom cover made, have them sew a 1" extra flap of fabric down each side to cover the snaps. Keeps the rain off of them and eliminates the streaks. Cost me an extra $50 on my locally made custom cover.

Common problem. You can buy a black streak remover online or at major retailers. But be careful with the elbow grease. I had a 2001 Benny for years and would regularly scrub the black streaks off. I scrubbed so many times, I wore through the paint!

If you ever get a new custom cover made, have them sew a 1" extra flap of fabric down each side to cover the snaps. Keeps the rain off of them and eliminates the streaks. Cost me an extra $50 on my locally made custom cover.
What would you use to clean streaks off

Use LA's Totally Awesome cleaner from the Dollar Store. It will take it right off. Use it diluted. Black streaks also come from the dirt on the cover running down the panel when it rains. I don't have any problem from the snaps.......

Back