removing bimini top

Bill Mains

Reaction score
Have 2014 benni and need to remove bimini completely to get  toon  into garage. How do I do that? Thanks...Bill

Have 2014 benni and need to remove bimini completely to get  toon  into garage. How do I do that? Thanks...Bill
What model Bennington and bimini do you have?  Some have different bimini models.   If it is the standard bimini, can't you put the bimini down completely flat on play pen fence by folding the braces?  Some folks do that when trailering longer distances to reduce wind resistance and to clear garage door opening.  I have the standard bimini and can put it all the way down on my new RL 2375.

Last edited by a moderator:
Needs to come off to clear door opening. I see 2 plug in wires I know I need to pull out at base of main frame. Can I then raise the whole top and snap out or r there other wires to disconnect? Thanks...Bill

Should be just the two for the nav light unless you have the led bimini lighting. 

I believe the bimini lights run off the navi lights. Should only be the 2 wires, then unclip and remove the top.

I know my LEDs won't work unless nav lights on and I have only 2 wires also. Should be like Carl stated.

Man sounds like a tight fit! Might have to have the door/opening raised.

Back in 2000 we bought a high top conversion van w/all the bells and whistles. Of course w/the high top it wouldn't fit in the garage. We decided if we were going to spend this much money on this vehicle we were going to keep it inside the garage out of the elements. We had a contractor come in and raise the door opening a foot and had another door installed. Problem solved...........

How much more height do you need? Some garage doors stop before they completely open. I probably gained 2" by adjusting my door to open completely.

Got it off by taking out bolts at bottom of main post. Think I'll try snapping it off next time leaving the bolts in place.. Also had to remove captains chair(high back style) and windshield.

Garage door height, would have to move header up...very expensive. Thought about smaller tires, currently have 14" tires. Thanks for all the feedback. Bill

How much air have you let out of the tires? Might save you some work. Or even casters to set the hubs on while removing the tires and rims.

Last edited by a moderator:
Garage door height, would have to move header up...very expensive.
Might not be as expensive as you think.  I had the header raised 12" on one of my OH doors and cost around $2K a few years ago ---  about $1K for labor and about $1K for the new larger door and materials.

Back