Replacing Registration Numbers on Gel Coat

ErinnDan

Reaction score
We recently moved to upstate NY, and I now need to remove and replace my registration numbers on my 2013 20SLX. I already have my new numbers from BoatUS and can install myself. However my concern is removing the old registration numbers without damaging the gel coat. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!

Heat gun very gently used will remove them.  Won't take much heat.

Hair dryer. That way you won't get to much heat. Should come off real easy being they have only been on 4 years. Good Luck !

Last edited by a moderator:
We used to use a heat gun to remove all of our reg. decals on our sleds every year (they make out a bunch on!!) and if the glue stuck we actually used WD40 to get it off.  Clean that up with a little denatured alcohol and your good to go!  

Where will you be Boating in upstate Ny? We're over in Old Forge pretty often.

So Glad We Don't Have The Need For Registration Numbers Here , We Will Use Hair Dryer To Remove Name Decals When Needed However :)

123746525.jpg

So Glad We Don't Have The Need For Registration Numbers Here , We Will Use Hair Dryer To Remove Name Decals When Needed However :)

How come you don't need registration numbers?  I thought any powered vehicle needed to be registered.

+1 on the heat gun! Very easy and quick.

Ah, I see.  How great is that!  :Like:

Back