Retractable Boat Cover

bankerii

Reaction score
I'm searching for a better / easier way to cover my pontoon. I keep it year round in the water at a marina in Florida. With access to only one side of boat from the dock, putting the playpen cover on is a real project.

I have considered having individual furniture covers made or a wieghted playpen cover that can just be draped over. We use our boat several times a week during the summer months and it's just not practical to remove and install the oem playpen cover every time we use the boat.

I don't mind putting the full cover on when I know the boat will be unused for more than a week or so, but I'm looking for something I can use to just keep the sun off the upolstry when I don't want to install the full playpen.

Ran across this video. Anybody have one of these or anything similar? Any recomendations for a easy install cover that can be used when I don't feel like using the full OEM cover?

Appreciate any recomedations and check out this vid, this is pretty cool. The problem I have with this concept is I have R series with rear facing loungers.

Looks too bulky n slow in my opinion. I think I can cover mine almost as fast as that with my pp cover.

I have not seen anything yet as practical and economical as the stock pp cover.

Unless you find a covered slip, I think you will pay dearly for something to do what you want.

I think we have our time down to like 4-5 minutes on ours. Its a 2275 RLi.

Just my 2 cents .......

Smitty

Notice that the factory bimini top was missing. I'd hate to have to take 100% Florida sun because my bimini couldn't be used. And I would imagine this retractable top is very expensive.

Are there other marinas around with fully covered slips for rent?

I'm getting ready to buy more Surlast fabric to make seat covers for my light Ivory seats. The factory mooring cover is pretty difficult to put on, but we're in a covered boathouse.

Don't see how that could work with a bimini, even with the bimini in the trailerable position. Also not practical for the popular rear facing lounges staring at that bulky thing. Like the lifts that many have shown in the gallery, just can't do it on our lake which is actually a huge resevoir with dramatic water level changes throughout the year. Our floating docks are pushed further out practically every Sunday. I have also gotten pretty good at placing my playpen cover on but it does help having walkways on both sides of the boat.

Back