Rod Holder recommendation

CmanCman

Reaction score
Looking for a holder that will hold 2-4 poles while traveling to a spot on the lake. Recommendations?

Looking for a holder that will hold 2-4 poles while traveling to a spot on the lake. Recommendations?

I use a couple square tube Scotty mounts with different Scotty holders on my Bimini arms plus a triple mount in a Scotty base on the rear.

IMG_2519.jpeg

I bought some 2 piece stainless clamps from an off road website, that already had additional threaded holes in them. Bought the rod holder from Amazon and installed bolts through rod holder and into clamps. No drilling or fabricaton required.

Attachments

• IMG_20230419_133626789.jpg
    IMG_20230419_133626789.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 33
I installed two, stainless steel 4-tube rod holder racks on the panels behind the driver seat. One behind the gate and one in front of the gate. It's hard to see in the photos but they work great for us. They're out of the way and convenient for access. The only thing I need to do is move a few rods when opperating the bimini.

20210318_224155.jpg20200906_103925 (2).jpg

I use the Scotty ones as well. Simple to put up when needed, disappear when not in use.

depending on your model you might not be able to use traditional square tube mounts, you need to have access to all sides of the tube for most. On my Bennington, the skin comes all the way up to the top tube so Scotty or other traditional mounts wouldn't work. I have for of the Railblaza pontoon mounts on our boat and have been really happy with them, when we aren't fishing the rod holder pops right out and the mount is not very noticeable. https://www.railblaza.com/products/...m5NCtxto1ZQOAC_WNJ5O1Fmv9E8XIWfoaAsO9EALw_wcB

Was checking to see how these are holding up and working? I have read some reviews on these and the complaints were that it comes loose on the inside since the piece hanging down doesn't go down very far. Wouldn't use for trolling but was worried about bottom fishing for cats or stripers. Didn't want the mount/pole/reel going into the lake. Look forward to hearing from you or anyone else that has this system or other systems.

I actually use them for trolling and haven't had any issues. It took a couple of tries to get them mounted correctly, but once they are on they haven't budged and I troll deep with snap weights for walleyes and wipers. I am confident enough to use them with my digital line counters and loomis trolling rods.

Thanks. What kind of rod holders are you using with the Railmount star port? Was wondering if any brand like Scotty would work or do you have to use Railblaza? Wasn't sure if Railblaza had a proprietary star size or not. I am anxious to get the boat (end of Aug) and get fishing.

We store our boat on a lift so the Rod Holders that we have built in (SXSAPGST) are not that functional when we are not fishing. I bought metal over the door wreath hangers and riveted on a horizontal fish rack and then used double sided tape to secure it to the space behind the helm. It blends in nicely and gets the rods off the floor when we are docked. Will see how long the tape holds up with kids taking rods on and off of it. I did not want rivet in to the side wall as I was worried that it would eventually tear out. Rod Holder.jpg

Thank you. Do you have any rod holders that you fish with? Again, those tall walls being the issue to mount onto. Thanks

Thank you. Do you have any rod holders that you fish with? Again, those tall walls being the issue to mount onto. Thanks
I use the Railblaza mounts and rod holdersand I do believe they have a proprietary star size. The rod holders they have are very secure for me, freshwater trolling though...
They have a nice low-profile unlike the Scotty and allow the cover to go over them. I would maybe be concerned about premature wear-though on others but the Railblaza do not have any sharp edges on the top and work well with the cover. I've had them for four years with no issues.

Back