RPM Yamaha 115hp

Regina

Reaction score
What is the max RMP i should run on my Yamaha 115hp? It appears I could hit 7. I looked in the book and it said 5300-6300. My last boat with the same hp maxed out at 5500. I have not ran it over 6300. I only have 3 hours on this engine.

What is the max RMP i should run on my Yamaha 115hp? It appears I could hit 7. I looked in the book and it said 5300-6300. My last boat with the same hp maxed out at 5500. I have not ran it over 6300. I only have 3 hours on this engine.
Go by your owners manual. It can vary slightly among motors and manufacturers, so your owners manual is the way to go. With what you posted, you ideally want to be as close to (but under) the maximum RPM at WOT on a light load (you, maybe one other, 1/2 tank of gas, no gear). If you will go above that RPM under those conditions, change props. If this is the case, you could follow up with what type of prop and what size prop you currently have and some folks can help guide you.

Also, we have a thread that owners list their boat set up, motor, prop, performance in as well. You could search through that thread for the most similar boat to yours with the exact same motor and see what prop (and size prop) they are using to help narrow things down too.

My max on my Yamaha 115 is 5800 with my prop. I have the “regular” 115 and not the VMAX.

Back