Rub rail protectors

Cw78

Reaction score
Wonder if anyone knows the length of the rub rail protectors like these?

Thanks in advance!
C4306367-4BF0-42E8-AE5C-44D1C3076501.jpeg

Are rub rails not the protectors? Why do we need protectors' for the protector.

I believe those are protection from the trailer stops.

Correct! I’d like to use them for another Application, but I was just wondering if anyone had an idea on the length of them?

I don't want my rub rail protectors to get scratched either. I think Bennington should offer Protector Protector Protectors. ;)

They are stop stoppers. They also allow just enough stand off room for you to snap the cover on the front of the boat. I love them. My boat is in the barn so I can measure tonight.

sorry for the delay. Just measured. They are 4"in width.

I have seen a few Toons where if the boat is synched against the trailer stops when stored it permanently dents the rubber rails. I instead tie down all 4 corners.

My dealer quoted $149 for two of these rub rail protectors. Has anyone mounted them themself? Did the protector come with the screws and if not what length did you utilize?

I bought them and mounted them. I don't remember having to buy screws but it was 6 years ago.

I bought them and mounted them. I don't remember having to buy screws but it was 6 years ago.
Screws came with them. I ordered them as part of the build from the factory, but the dealer "forgot" to install them for me. Must be a dealer installed option as them gave them to me in a bag when I picked up the boat. So I mounted them back in 2011 after i took delivery of the boat

The factory would not know where they needed to be located to match the trailer stops.

My dealer quoted $149 for two of these rub rail protectors. Has anyone mounted them themself? Did the protector come with the screws and if not what length did you utilize?
$149 for 2 4 inch pieces of curved aluminum? WTH?!?

$149 for 2 4 inch pieces of curved aluminum? WTH?!?
IF that included installation - not terrible - though I see from the boat builder site the part itself is $120 when ordered with the boat. BOAT!!!

Hmm, funny thing is I ordered them I think with the second boat and never installed them, probably still in my shed!

Back