Scale Models

Reaction score
It occurs to me that I would like to have a scale model of my boat. I don't think I have ever seen a pontoon model?

Perhaps TB could contract someone to have them made. The nice ones like from Danbury Mint etc. They would make great prizes for TB members!!

An RC version would really be cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
An RC version would be really cool.

I like the way you think.

Bump

+2

Hmmmm. I have a "boat" :p load of r/c stuff, might have to work on this as a new project .....

I want a 2550 RBR

I have a scale model of mine!!!!

Hmmmm. I have a "boat" :p load of r/c stuff, might have to work on this as a new project .....
What kind of RC stuff?

Flying RC giant planes & turbine jets is another hobby of mine.

Steve

What kind of RC stuff?

Flying RC giant planes & turbine jets is another hobby of mine.

Steve
I have probably 10+ Cars, 6 or more parkflyer planes, and dozen helis single, dual, micros to 48" diameter that need finished ...(not too good flying on single rotor helis) and a quad rotor.

Kind of put that hobby on hold since we got the Benny....... I get as much or more enjoyment on that.

I might build a float plane that I can fly off the lake while we are out on the Benny .........

I buy mostly for looks and don't use them ... drives wife nuts !!!

Smitty

I might build a float plane that I can fly off the lake while we are out on the Benny .........
If you like scale like flyers the Flyzone Beaver from Tower Hobbies is a neat little electric that comes with floats. It is also lighted like the full scale version, great look flying at sunset, and with electric no mess on your toon.

I just bought a Zonda electric cat to play with while floating around a cove. That little thing is pretty fast for a rtr boat, mine on 5 cell is running in the mid 60s, 4 cell low 50s but very stable.

Look like we need a raft up fly-in :)

Steve

Man, you guys make me jealous. I had to talk weeks just to get my fish detector/gps. I've seen guys flying these things from their dock on the lake. This thing had lights, pontoons. I think it was a Cessna 172 with about a 5 foot wingspan, How Cool!!!!

Man, you guys make me jealous. I had to talk weeks just to get my fish detector/gps. I've seen guys flying these things from their dock on the lake. This thing had lights, pontoons. I think it was a Cessna 172 with about a 5 foot wingspan, How Cool!!!!
It is a lot of fun! My lineup of model aircraft are:

2 giant scale aerobatic planes (MXS & Extra 330sc), both gasoline powered, 89" wing span on one and 102" on the other

1 giant scale high wing J3 Cub gas powered 102" wing span

2 turbine powered jets, one 80 inch wing 140 mph, one 63" wing 240 mph but limited to 200 mph per rules in the US

3 electrics, one fully aerobatic (3d), one night flyer lighted with LEDs, one float plane

1 nitro float plane just sold to go larger

1 50 size heli that I rarely fly.... not a very good heli pilot

Now the secret.... buy yourself a large cargo trailer, keep all your toys in the trailer.... wife never sees them ;)

Steve

Back