Scratched vinyl flooring!!

Wild and Free

Reaction score
I have had TWO 18" long scratches in the vinyl flooring behind the bow gate I have not been able to figure out where they came from................Until today!

I was sitting there looking at the two 18" long scratches in my vinyl flooring and stewing about them and wondering how they got there, all of a sudden got a brain storm, I rarely put the bow gate seat in the front bow gate position as 99% of the time I keep it in the port side gate which has carpet covering the entrance there. I had placed it in the bow position a few weeks ago and after that is when I first noticed it, actually thought it was another passengers cooler or something that did it.

Back to the brain storm, I looked at the bow gate seat and then the scratches and the width matched up so I tipped the seat over and BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a box of staples holding the seat vinyl to the seat base and a lot of them are not sunk in all the way, so in short by sliding the seat in and out of the front spot scratched up my vinyl flooring!

Time for a trip to the dealer to see if TB will do anything to fix this issue.

I forgot to take pics of it today to share with all.

ALL WHO HAVE A BOW GATE SEAT BE CAREFUL AND LOOK AT THE BOTTOM BEFORE SLIDING IT AROUND ON YOUR NICE FLOORING SO YOU DO NOT END UP WITH THE EYE SORE I NOW HAVE.

BE WARNED ALL !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good information, also look inside your seats in the storage areas, sometimes the thickness of the plastic wall is too thin and the staples from the upholstery stick through leaving a saw blade where you store things. I'll post pictures as well.

I'll definitely have to check my coffee table though I have Seagrass. What I did notice is I have 2 big dings on the inside of the bow gate panel at the top, maybe 8" apart. I have no idea how they got there but I'm beginning to suspect the back side of the bow gate seat. I normally keep it in front of the port gate, but it seems like something on the back of it may have done it. Bugs me to no end as I always seeing it when I'm driving. But stuff happens and we bought it to use it.

I have a bow gate seat and vinyl flooring. From day one it slid all over the place. The fix is to get rubber chair pads. I purchased mine at Home Depot.

Finally got pics loaded to show the scratches and the shotgunned staple job under the bow gate seat.

gallery_226_385_155065.jpg
gallery_226_385_11027.jpg
gallery_226_385_19710.jpg
gallery_226_385_106236.jpg
gallery_226_385_9196.jpg
gallery_226_385_67150.jpg

Oops didn't see this post in Technical Stuff. I asked you about it in your "Dealer screw ups" post in Dock talk.............

Awesome workmanship isn't it. :rolleyes:

NOT!

Very poor design! You would think that the seat would have a rubber strip glue on to cover the staples or bo on rubber feet to raise it high enough so the staples do not contact the flooring surface. The proturuding staples can damage carpet as well as vinyl surfaces.

Jack

So I checked both my bow seat and my coffee table. Here is what I found. The bow seat has another piece of fabric to cover the staples as shown. The coffee table does not, but there is a rim around the bottom of the molding that keeps it off the floor slightly. It could probably still catch on the flooring under certain conditions.

Bow seat

Coffee table

Thanks for the comparison pics Tom. Now to see what the dealer and TB are going to do to correct the scratched flooring and the mess under my seat.

The build quality on TomS's bow seat and coffee table is so much better than Wild and Frees..........Didn't they come from the same factory?????

I was thinking the same thing. Unbelievable quality issue there. It's almost hard to believe that came from Bennington ?????

Well Tom's is 2 years newer, guess they improved on the design. Hopefully something gets figured out.

Dropped it at the dealer a few days ago and the service manager even shook his head when he saw the scratches and the bottom of the seat, he was going to be taking his own pics and submitting them with TB. Still waiting on a response.

Update....

Dealer service center has been working with Bennington customer service warranty and they refuse to do anything about it, so dealer gave me the name of the person at bennington to contact and press the issue myself which is BS. I am going to send a PM to TB and see if they contact me. If you all have seen the pics in my gallery it is a no brainer.

If I have to call Benny it will not be a very friendly conversation.

How is this not a warranty issue? I'd like to hear an answer to that question.

Update....

Dealer service center has been working with Bennington customer service warranty and they refuse to do anything about it, so dealer gave me the name of the person at bennington to contact and press the issue myself which is BS. I am going to send a PM to TB and see if they contact me. If you all have seen the pics in my gallery it is a no brainer.

If I have to call Benny it will not be a very friendly conversation.
That's disconcerting to say the least...keep us posted.

Back