Scrubbing Toons in Water

Michael Joseph

Reaction score
What Scotchbrite pads, or similar, do you recommend for scrubbing toons while in the water? They make various degrees of pads (red, grey, white).

ILLINOIS AVE

Reaction score
I use a RV Brush while in the water. Mine have Sharkhide so I really don't have to scrub them. Are yours bad?

ILLINOIS AVE

Reaction score
I use an R.V. Brush. Mine have Sharkhide so they aren't bad at all. Yours don't look bad in your picture! Would Scotchbrite scratch them up ?

Michael Joseph

Reaction score
That picture is from March, when the boat was brand new. I have Sharkhide as well and I would scrub them with a brush every 2-3 weeks but I still have a nice build of sludge and my top speed has tanked. I don’t think it was doing much. Time to switch to something more aggressive. I still have another month+ of boating season left.

sunedog

Reaction score
I don't have Sharkhide and my boat stays in the water from March to Nov. I acid wash every November and then use the green Scothbrite pads while the boat is in the water. I get the ones that are about 6" x 9" from Home Depot.

BigKahuna

Reaction score
I've got Sharkhide applied and we float around and wipe the toons everytime we go out. I use a large sponge or dish towel. The crap still sticks to the toons but the Sharkhide makes it easier to just wipe off.....

w5pfg

Reaction score
I acid wash every November and then use the green Scothbrite pads while the boat is in the water.
I noticed we have the same year and similar model boat (maybe toon difference - not sure - I have ESP.)

What product are you using for the acid wash?

sunedog

Reaction score