Seagrass Repair

H2GO

Reaction score
What a great day yesterday on the lake......................well until I notice a burn in the Seagrass flooring on our new Benny. We had another boat tied up to us for a while and one of the guys in the back was a smoker. We didn't notice until after they left but the theory is he flicked a cigarette and the wind carried on to the front of our Benny. We found a dime size burn mark in the Seagrass but just on the surface. Does anyone know if there is a way to cover over the burn mark with a touch up marker of some kind or is there a better way to fix this? Ugh!

Maybe stick a No Smoking sticker over it. On a serious note, not sure if you could touch it up or not. Maybe u can check with a car dealer, usually they have guys that are experts at touching up carpet,vinyl etc. 

No offense to smokers but I stay clear of them for this reason. Where was he flicking it by chance.....the lake? I wish cigarette butts had a $50 deposit on each one. Maybe then they wouldn't be everywhere.

I'd find homeboy next time you are out there and let him know what he did. My guess is he won't do anything to make it right.

Call your ins company.

Depending on the size, you might try to find some close matching silicone, and try to blend it in. I know the sea grass is a mat back type vinyl and you might be able to patch it, but the strands will be the hard part to deal with. You probably have to use some type of "seam" glue on the edge strands.

Your dealer should get chunks of seagrass when boats are shipped in. My dealer uses them as mats for the display boats. Maybe he will give you one to get a small repair patch out of, or better yet, he may know someone that does this type of repair.

I wish cigarette butts had a $50 deposit on each one. Maybe then they wouldn't be everywhere.

Exactly! I participate in a highway clean up program and there are literally hundreds of butts along our roads. With ash trays being a thing of the past on many new vehicles, I guess people might be inclined to toss them out their window. :(

Hopefully there is something that can be done but looking at mine, I kind of doubt it. And given that it's all one piece, I can't even begin to imagine what it would cost to replace it. Hope I'm wrong...

Back