Sealed vs non sealed lifting strakes

mtudb24

Reaction score
Anyone know besides the obvious fact that one is sealed and one is not, why you would pick one vs the other and why sealed is less expensive on the bennington website?

Thanks

Todd

Anyone know besides the obvious fact that one is sealed and one is not, why you would pick one vs the other and why sealed is less expensive on the bennington website?

Thanks

Todd
I believe the sealed is recommended if you are going to be in saltwater, why it is less expensive I have no idea!

Derrick

Makes since on why there are no holes in the ends like I have seen on other bennys. I wonder why my dealer chose those over non sealed since I am in Michigan and obviously in freshwater.

TB - any ideas?

Thanks

Todd

Me thinks we made an error on the site! Thanks for calling it out so we can investigate. Sealed strakes are for saltwater applications. :eek: TB

They probably add a little more buoyancy in the lower area, that sounds good to me in all water. But I'm no expert, just an opinion.

I would rather have the sealed strakes, unsealed strake are a pain in the ass to clean the zebra mussels out of

Ron

Me thinks we made an error on the site! Thanks for calling it out so we can investigate. Sealed strakes are for saltwater applications. :eek: TB
Looks like some of the lifting strake options are UPGRADES for the ESP and EXPRESS packages, so those prices are less than a full set of strakes from scratch. We'll get out there and add some wording so it's more clear. Thanks... :)

TB. I have the 32" elips, there are only 2 options for them. Sealed and non sealed. Non sealed were more expensive then the sealed

Thanks for getting the Site with some more information.

Todd

Back