seat back removal

guardrail22

Reaction score
I am having the two from seat bottoms recovered this winter and the backs are due but cannot figure out how to get the seat backs off. Anyone ever removed their seat backs.

2002 207L

I believe the whole seat has to be removed.

I agree with Carl, seat has to be removed.

The seats come out pretty easy, just a few screws into the floor and a couple bolts through the rail if the seatbacks contact them.

The seats come out pretty easy, just a few screws into the floor and a couple bolts through the rail if the seatbacks contact them.
Hi, Wondering if you have any idea how to remove the Left Arm Bench Port Seat for reupholstery on this 2008 Bennington 2275RL? I am told by Veada that this piece of bolster is all one piece and entire arm cover must be replaced. Do you thin the corner is one piece and the bench portion is a separate piece?

Attachments

• Bennington Back L Seat Bolster.jpg
    Bennington Back L Seat Bolster.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200301_122914 (1).jpg
    20200301_122914 (1).jpg
    48 KB · Views: 35
The couches on my last Benny (2001) were attached to the deck with a few (about 4 as I recall) screws that could be seen if you opened the seat and stuck your head inside. They were SS wood screws with large washers. No bolts on the other end. It was surprisingly easy to zip them out and remove the couch.

Thanks for the tip. I looked inside the seat and it looks like it is bolted to the deck floor. It also appears that the only way to get the bolts out of the bottom of the seat is to go from underneath. There isn't enough room to get between the toon and the bolt to get the seat out I need. Does that sound right? I think the boat would have to be off the hoist to get to them underneath.

Don't know about yours, but mine were screwed, not bolted. If yours does have bolts on the underside of the deck, why can't you access them from underneath while the boat is on a trailer? Might be inconvenient, but you should be able to get to just about anything on the underside while trailered. If you have underskin and bolts, the only way would be to remove the underskin to get to the bolts.

Back