Sharkhide tags from factory

All boats that receive Sharkhide at the factory are tagged. When dealers remove the tags is the question! If O2ram can send us a message with his serial number and dealer name, we will check the production schedule to verify that the boat received Sharkhide.

The makers of Sharkhide recommend routine reapplication for best results. It is a great product, but does not resolve 100% of pontoon staining issues.

TB

Tags on mine with Sharkhide .
You can send Bennington your information as mentioned in the quote and they will verify .

upload_2018-4-14_16-21-13.png

Last edited:
I recently got my new 2018 Bennington which was ordered with the factory Sharkhide option and it had Sharkhide tags attached to the pontoons. I suspect your new Bennington has Sharkhide. You'll know fairly quick after putting it into the water whether it has Sharkhide. Pontoons without Sharkhide start to oxidize. Also, any small spots where Sharkhide was missed will show oxidization.

I recently got my new 2018 Bennington which was ordered with the factory Sharkhide option and it had Sharkhide tags attached to the pontoons. I suspect your new Bennington has Sharkhide. You'll know fairly quick after putting it into the water whether it has Sharkhide. Pontoons without Sharkhide start to oxidize. Also, any small spots where Sharkhide was missed will show oxidization.
I guess time will tell. It's sitting in the water now. Thanks for your reply.

I guess you got a bonus.

When we ordered our 2017 last year in January, I was going to “spec” sharkhide onto the order. Our dealer (Michigan) said not too. They told us if the boat is being shipped to a northerly winter dealer in the winter that it automatically is applied at the factory (pro bono basically).

I was nervous about this and skeptical, but sure enough it arrived with sharkhide tags and held up great this past summer. Now I am unclear if Bennington does this automatically, or if its something our dealer has set up with them due the the volume of sales and climate we are in. My guess is that yours was maybe done for the same reasons...?

Look closely near the top edge of toon or possibly on the bracket cover. You’ll probably see where they missed a little or got some on the bracket cover. Other than that, in a month you’ll know. If they look brand new..... you have it. They also might have a slight sheen to them looking at them from an angle, not a glossy surface like uncounted aluminum.

Just to wrap this up. Bennington did get back to me and said the Sharkhind was indeed applied to my pontoon at the factory.
Thanks for your help.

You can contact Bennington with the link below .Be sure to include your Hull ID .

Back