Sharkhide.......

BigKahuna

Reaction score
All right getting ready to get our boat out of storage soon. Will apply about 3 coats of Sharkhide. I've got a bit left over from applying it 2 years ago but will need another quart. Amazon has it for $69. Any other deals out there???

Amazon seems to have the best price on it

You are welcome BigKahuna.

I never had success with the stuff.
Didn't Sharkhide it last year. We keep our boat in the water. It was so much harder to keep clean. Crap that accumulated on the waterline is so much easier to wipe off with shark hide applied.

I have Sharkhide reapplied every other season

Question about this.....Sharkhide says to apply lacquer thinner first. I JUST had my toons polished....do I still apply lacquer thinner first? I don't want that to screw up all this work.

Question about this.....Sharkhide says to apply lacquer thinner first. I JUST had my toons polished....do I still apply lacquer thinner first? I don't want that to screw up all this work.
Hey Keith ....The only time I have used lacquer thinner is when I wanted to "remove" Sharkhide.

Just applied 2 coats of Sharkhide over a 4 day period. Getting too old for this crap! That center toon is a pain! Was supposed to put our boat in the water on Friday but the weather was a bit iffy......

I called Clint he said to make sure I DO (DO) use lacquer thinner over it before I apply the Sharkhide in order to remove more of the black stuff that gets into the poors of the metal....just finished doing that.

I called Clint he said to make sure I DO (DO) use lacquer thinner over it before I apply the Sharkhide in order to remove more of the black stuff that gets into the poors of the metal....just finished doing that.
Okay that makes sense. Use the lacquer thinner to clean everything before applying. Good! Pics when you have the chance Keith...

Yes but he said to do it specifically this way:

Take 2 pieces of paper towel....crumple them up a bit....soak the heck out of them with the lacquer thinner....do an area the size of a basketball at a time.....work in circular motions and zig zag......keep repeating until no more black on your paper towel.

Back