Shoddy shark hide application?

Julianna

Reaction score
Spent 3 days in the water enjoying our new Benny. Last night while cleaning the boat I noticed the toons had black streaks and wouldn’t wash off. Sent to dealer this morning and waiting on his response. Is this a chitty shark hide application?

1697121043074.jpeg

Were there orange tags on your toons ? I've seen missed spots ,but not black streaks ( saltwater ?) .Also Sharkhide only lasts about 2 weeks in a freshwater slip.
,I have no clue how Sharkhide holds up in salt water .
If you would like to call them, here is their number . Ask for Clint .

No there were no orange tags when I took delivery. What is the significance of them? Thank you I will call him.

Indicates that the factory applied Sharkhide

Dealer called back and said all of their boats are shark hided at Bennington. He’s waiting for a call back from them. He said he would ”take care of it” regardless of the problem. So that makes me feel a little better I guess. Just a minor set-back uggg

Just to put this out there.

My dealer had pulled me orange tags off when our boat was originally delivered - late winter so it remained wrapped for about 2 months prior to getting rigged up in the spring.

I knew the guy (at that time) that did it, and said they normally do that as part of rigging and prep. Since I knew him personally (former student of mine), I trusted that response. So other dealers might do the same and customers might not ever see that orange tag that comes on it signifying Shark Hide was applied by Bennington prior to shipment by the time they first see their boat.

Last edited:
Honestly that makes sense. I looked at the original YouTube video, where it was advertised, and there is not an orange tag on it. They probably took it off for the video. And the toons were spotless

Julianna you'll know if they missed any areas of your toons. It'll be a bit darker and of course unprotected!

Don’t worry. Under water line will last a couple weeks-month or so then wear off. I’m on year 7 and my uppers still look almost new except for a couple scuff spots.

Spent 3 days in the water enjoying our new Benny. Last night while cleaning the boat I noticed the toons had black streaks and wouldn’t wash off. Sent to dealer this morning and waiting on his response. Is this a chitty shark hide application?

View attachment 34959
I use Sharkhide on my Boat. That doesn't look like a "chitty Sharkhide application" But keep us informed!

Indicates that the factory applied Sharkhide
We unwrapped ours when it got to the dealer, on September 20th, and the Shark Hide was applied by the manufacturer. There was no orange tag or anything on the boat noting it. There was plenty of others tags and things marked.

Same here . I don't understand why a dealer would pull them before the owner saw it . Even my 2 replacement toons had the tags .

Still waiting to hear from dealer. i Bought this boat in a different state and they trailered it to Fl. I will call him Tuesday to follow up.

Back