Simrad Fuel Gauge

Patrick Nagy

Reaction score
On my new 2023 Bennington, unlike my 2017, the Simrad states my fuel level as a % remaining versus how much gas is actually in the tank. The % obviously fluctuates based on speed we are going, weight, etc.

For the life of me I cannot see if I can toggle to simply old fashioned 1/4 full, 1/2 full, etc

Any guidance is appreciated.

Mine will show percentage left in tank and gallons remaining. I havent seen the 1/4 ,1/2 ,full either

Thanks Jack. When on the yamaha gauge set-up of the Simrad it is only showing %. Must be a “toggle” or some way to see a different view but have yet to figure out!

If I press on a function on the screen it brings up options related that function,but I still haven't seen what you / we are looking for .

Welcome to the forum Patrick. Never noticed the percentage left before. But it's technically the same as what you are looking for? 100%-Full. 50%-Half. 25%-1/4 tank and so on.....I just make sure there's fuel in there!
Screenshot_20230608-165821.png

Thanks for the feedback. Mine is even different from yours pictured as it is not a bar graph as you display but says 77% fuel and then if I accelerate it quickly jumps to say 68% fuel level based on the higher speed and consumption. Then if I throw into neutral it may jump to 80%.

Would take what you showed.

Owned many boats over the yesrs and have never seen anything like it.

Reached out to Simrad as well.

Ok, so I finally opened, just yesterday, the Simrad Instruction manual...ahhh, a few things make a lot more sense....LOL. Wow, it sure is customizable - much more than I imagined. Suppose I was having too much fun just driving and floating for the last 2 seasons. So - I do suggest reading at least the quick start guide - a few very difficult things become much easier. I also moved my Transducer lower on the rear bracket, excited to see how that translates into readings at higher speeds!

Transducer Update: 6/11/2023 - moving the transducer to the bottom of the rear toon bracket increased depth readings up to somewhere over 30 mph vs the 20 max the higher location resulted in. I did not do any adjustment to the angle, and need to explore more / pay more attention to the actual speed - BUT - SO MUCH BETTER! Sorry, no picture but here is another Benny - this is where mine is now located - bottom lower left corner - minus the special green coating.

Attachments

• Transducer Location 1.jpeg
    Transducer Location 1.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
On my new 2023 Bennington, unlike my 2017, the Simrad states my fuel level as a % remaining versus how much gas is actually in the tank. The % obviously fluctuates based on speed we are going, weight, etc.

For the life of me I cannot see if I can toggle to simply old fashioned 1/4 full, 1/2 full, etc

Any guidance is appreciated.
Well, this should muddy the water. On the Simrad Yamaha gauge screen of my 2022, I show % left, and gallons left of the right side of the screen. Near the top middle, I have a vertical 4 bar fuel level gauge, unlike the picture in the other post, with all 4 bars being full, and the bottom one being 1/4 tank. I'll snap a picture later this week if you'd like? New boat to me this year, so I am still learning myself...

All, just received an e-mail from a tech at Simrad and below is a snippet from his response.

“Please note that we do not have the traditional option to display tank information. The fuel gauge can only display the total remaining fuel in percentage.”

Back