Simrad not working

Chuck McDaniel

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2007 2574 GL and had a Simrad Nav/Fish Finder installed. It was working fine until a week or so ago. We went to the marina for lunch and it was working fine, we came back after lunch it would not turn on and hasn't worked since. The red light on the ACC switch that it is connected to comes on when the switch is on. Im totally ignorant to this stuff. Is this an electrical problem or a Simrad problem? I hate to take the boat to a repair shop for something that might be very simple. Any help would be great. Thanks

I looked under my dash last week and remembered there was a 3 amp fuse going to my Garmin fish finder. You might want to look with a flashlight to see if yours has an inline fuse that is blown. If it’s a blown fuse replace it, if the fuse blows again you have bigger problems.

Start with basics. Verify ground is hooked up and verify you have power to Simrad (if it has one, check fuse as stated) If you have good power and ground, check for corrosion in the harness connection (this was my power issue with a stereo). Beyond that, take it to a “stereo shop” to check it out.

I had a cable that came loose on my Garmin ,secured it with a zip tie

Thanks for the replys. Its brand new so its definitely not a corrosive cable. I do know that the "blue" wire is not connected to anything.

Back