Sit up... captains seat height adjust?

Newport RI

Reaction score
Wish my captains chair sat up anothert 6' or so.... I am 5'11 but maybe its bad posture:) Just would like to be up higher and surprised these seats dont' go up and down at least 3'... Prefer not be adding a pillow or life preserver throw under me as the seat is so comfortable... so they sell taller pole or extension of any sort?

Thanks all

Loving the q series....but if ever a model comes to fruition I would swap out for it would be the Q and same rear lounger set up but center console like design... yes may loose some seating but could be done and would be amazing.. wide bench for two and small area in front on center conole to add seat, front couches same etc... would loose table set up but easily can add a hole in front and add table to front as needed.... Build it and I will buy it Bennington!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you'll have to go to an aftermarket "adjustable" seat pedastal. You can't just change the post on the one Bennington uses on our boats, unless they changed manufacturers since our boat was built in 2006. There is a post on here where JimR changed his. Do a search. it's your friend. B)

Our 2008 has an adjustable post. It doesn't work well. I talk to Bennington and they had a large warranty issue and stopped using them.

Especially if it extends 6 FEET!! Haha sorry Newport, if I didn't someone else would have! :D

You might also consider a raised helm for the area under the seat post.

I built my own helm and still wind up sitting on a boat cushion!!! Another thing to modify.

I am very happy with my modification. I had to replace the entire pedestal, but holes on both seat and deck matched up perfectly. Use the search, I posted pictures and model numbers.

I am very happy with my modification. I had to replace the entire pedestal, but holes on both seat and deck matched up perfectly. Use the search, I posted pictures and model numbers.
^^^ What he said. I also posted pictures and links on this site.

Back