Ski tow bar

copperline

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking to have a ski tow bar built and then powder coated to the color of my boat. I have a 2013 2550 RBR does anyone have The measurements, height, width, length and a picture of what it looks like on their boat. I know I can get one from the dealer but I'm one of those people that don't want their boats to look like everybody else's. Basically I just need to know the measurements as to where bennington attaches there's and i'll let my imagination go from there :) thanks for any help and pics.

If I had mine I'd get you some measurements. I'm sure our members to the south will be getting their boats out soon.

I hope so, I have some really cool designs that I want The metal shop to fab up. Pics will follow

I'll try to take a few photos tomorrow or Saturday. We have a 100% chance of rain tomorrow, 90% Saturday, but surely there will be a break. I can measure it also, but it has quite a few angles.

Thanks ct0218 I really would like pics of where they bolt them up and how

We have a 20 slx I don't know if it would be same but I can take pics tomorrow and post with the measurement. At least give u an idea.

Today I bolted in a SS mount to hang my tankless water heater to on the front of the transom, the inset part where the rear deck extends back. You can see what I'm talking about when you see the photos tomorrow in my gallery. Anyway, the 4" trim that the rub rail mounts to is backed by a piece of the 4 in "C" channel, the same as used for crossmembers. It is reinforced by the logs, and the towbar bolts to that. Quite strong, though it may involve removing some aluminum sheeting (pop rivets) to access the back side of the "C" channel for the nut if you want to mount your tow bar the same as Bennington. Where I mounted my rail brackets the channel was exposed, and I really didn't check to the side, but I think it is covered. I take a photo or two of that also.

The photos are in my gallery, labeled "ski tow bar". Nasty day but it stopped raining for a few minutes, long enough to snap some photos. The bar measures 52" wide at it widest point (rear), without the bracket. The front measures 30", and it is 41 inches high. This tow bar is all angles--the only part that matches any boat angle is the very top bar. All four brackets are angled to match the mounting surface. The front bracket can be easily drilled and bolted, a little tight to reach the backside but possible. The rear brackets will require removal of two panels of sheet aluminum that are pop riveted in place. Hope this helps

Thanks so much it does

One thing to keep in mind, Bennington has built theirs to work exceptionally well and tested to I think 2000lbs. I was told that technically there are only 3 boat manufacturers that can actually pull a tube. Most have a little sticker on it saying max weight 500lbs and no towables allowed. The reason I say this is that if it was easy to make a tow bar be able to withstand the forces a whipping tube with 500lbs on it, everyone would have done it. I'm all for customizing and wanting to be different,  just remember it will be your friends and loved ones back there. I've read a few stories on here about tragedies on tubes. Just stressing the safety and the design effort that Bennington has put into making theirs. Oh and on another note don't forget to ask your dealer about structural warranty stuff. It's be cool to see what you can come up with though! :)

+1 on the warranty. I was just looking for dimensions on the ski pole and TB warned me about voiding my warranty. All I was going to do was stick a flag pole in the hole...LOL (but, I appreciate their forthright opinion on modifications though)

Very good point Bulldog, I never even considered that

Back