Ski tow link needed for 2023 Bennington

Tgarland

Reaction score
Looking to add the following ski tow / tow bar whatever you want to call it but having a hard time finding it online. Needs to fit a 2023 Bennington 18 foot picture of back of line is the blue one with backseat and the picture of maroon boat is the ski tow I’m looking for. Links would be nice if anyone has it. Thanks
Part number ? Ski Tow Bar (17/18/20) 904354

Attachments

• IMG_9866.jpeg
    IMG_9866.jpeg
    235.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9881.jpeg
    IMG_9881.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 33
Depending on your model and motor size ,some tow bars may not work. Google Turbo Swing or you can search in the upper right corner for it. Several members have added one .

Have you checked with your Bennington dealer?

There are a variety of options for those ski bars, mainly different styles and strength ratings, particuarly in regards to allowing the motor to trim up underneath it. Often not a one size fits all kind of deal - particularly if you have a higher HP motor with a bigger motor cowl.

I personally would look into a Turbo Swing as mentioned above. Much easier to add, and stronger rated. Do a search in the upper right hand corner to see discussions on this topic.

If you prefer a more traditional ski tow bar, I’d really talk to local boat dealerships and check on options for your motor and rear boat configuration.

Have you checked with your Bennington dealer?
Yes checked with my local Bennington Dealer and they want $1,800 for the one I have posted on here. Thats not an acceptable number for what that is that’s not even installed that’s just the price of the part.

Depending on your model and motor size ,some tow bars may not work. Google Turbo Swing or you can search in the upper right corner for it. Several members have added one .
2023 18 foot Bennington and I have a jump seat in the back so I’m looking for a Tow bar that is off the platform and not a turbo swing

Yes checked with my local Bennington Dealer and they want $1,800 for the one I have posted on here. Thats not an acceptable number for what that is that’s not even installed that’s just the price of the part.
That's crazy!

Cost to add one on my boat was a consideration so I just went the redneck route and use the aft cleats and a tow bridle. I run it through the lifting rings at the transom and it distributes the load. I know you want the bar, just suggesting if you're wincing at the price from one dealer it likely won't be much better elsewhere. You'll want to have a plan B in place.

And before anyone gets on my case YES I know you shouldn't use cleats for this purpose, but I've towed a 10,000lb sailboat using this method so I'm pretty sure a few 100lb kids aren't going to stress things! You gotta roll the dice in life sometimes... just yesterday I ate some yogurt past its expiration date. I'm a daredevil I know.

Back