So I got a build date!

jfrack77

Reaction score
And i understand that its a good thing!   But what exactly does that mean?   I got a build date of June 2nd, does that mean that is the date the build begins or ends?  Sorry folks, i did a search and didnt find out exactly what the build date means.

My build date was May 10th and the boat is still not to my dealer, and my dealer

is in Elkhart, IN.. I cannot get any answers from my dealer. VERY frustrating

to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats not very comforting.   My dealer did say that my boat should be at my pier mid june... but I am a bit skeptical...

If I am not mistaken that is the start . I also had a build date and it was done 4 days prior  .But that was February.

Are they waiting for a full load  ?

If I am not mistaken that is the start . I also had a build date and it was done 4 days prior  .But that was February.
So Jack, Yours was done being built 4 days prior to the "build date"?   That makes me feel a bit better!    I cant wait to get this damn thing!

That was the slow season . I ordered in December ,and it was delayed a week when I changed the order . ( Express to SPS ) 

When I toured the plant. I was told it takes one full day to completely build one pontoon Q's take longer as do I/O. It take another day to detail and check everything out. The big hold up is shipping. I had to wait more than a week for my dealer ordered to be complete. He ordered 4 toons. Can you pick up your boat from the plant.

When I toured the plant. I was told it takes one full day to completely build one pontoon Q's take longer as do I/O. It take another day to detail and check everything out. The big hold up is shipping. I had to wait more than a week for my dealer ordered to be complete. He ordered 4 toons. Can you pick up your boat from the plant.
Well thats some good news i think!    Unfortuanately I am in MD and picking it up from Indiana is not an option.

Did you just show up and ask for a tour or pre-plan/schedule the tour?

Another thing, when I went and placed my order, my dealer already had an order for 4 placed, he just called to modify one of them (changed it to my build) so I hope that helps me out a bit.  

That is a good question though, I wonder if you can pick it up straight from the plant!  (especially if you are only and hour away Manitou)

Another thing, when I went and placed my order, my dealer already had an order for 4 placed, he just called to modify one of them (changed it to my build) so I hope that helps me out a bit.  

That is a good question though, I wonder if you can pick it up straight from the plant!  (especially if you are only and hour away Manitou)
Marina has to rig it up. I don't have trailer either.

My build date was supposed to be yesterday. I'll have to let you know when I receive it. My dealer is in Northern Illinois.

My build date was May 10th.  They estimated it a few weeks ago that it would be here in Wisconsin sometime this week.  Dealer got an update that the shipment is waiting on one boat to be completed.  Bennington told him yesterday the shipment would be here late this week or early next.  The motor arrived today!

I'm cutting a bit too close to Memorial Day...hopefully it comes in the next couple of days and dealer can get it setup before next Friday.

My build date was May 10th.  They estimated it a few weeks ago that it would be here in Wisconsin sometime this week.  Dealer got an update that the shipment is waiting on one boat to be completed.  Bennington told him yesterday the shipment would be here late this week or early next.  The motor arrived today!

I'm cutting a bit too close to Memorial Day...hopefully it comes in the next couple of days and dealer can get it setup before next Friday.
I wonder if it is my boat? Do they deliver to multiple dealers with one truck? That would probably stop at mine on the way.

I've been emailing the sales manager from Bennington first told me it would be built the week of May 26. Next week got a email saying it should be done on the 29th said it could vary a little, He arranged for a plant tour for the 29th hoping it will be online or done. My dealer is 40 minutes away and will pick up when done.

Back