So that's what water looks like!

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
Woohoo, went out on my boat today!!! They were calling for winds to pick up and thunderstorm warning in the afternoon, so we headed out bright and early!! Turned out to be a great day! Only downfall was that since we thought it was going to be a day cut quite short, we didn't invite the sis in law and husband and kids :( too bad. Although it was a learning experience, forgot a bunch of stuff at home since it was the first time out! Yup, I forgot to see what my hour meter was at when we finished, probably not that much higher than the 23.4 we started at since we did a lot of floating and tune listening. Sure was great. Although I have a couple questions for the people that tow to the lake, but I'll put out a new topic for that. Happy to say I am once again a boater! Oh, and one of the things we forgot was the camera!! So nothing to add to the gallery.

Congrats on getting out! Did you shake the cobwebs off of that engine if you know what I mean?!? How did it run?!?

Speaking of not taking any pics........we had Carl (CWAG911) and Suzi, Dan Williams (Woodenpontoon) and Denise, his sister in law and of course my wife Diane onboard our boat for a nice cruise and dinner at a local waterfront restaurant.........and none of us took any pics so I could post them here.......it was a very nice get together........

She ran great, almost like new! Haha, I was just happy it sprung to life the instant the key turned! The first one is always the scariest. She put out about 44.3mph early in the morning when the water was still fairly calm. Crazy day though, we were hanging out where we usually do(far side of the lake,  and it was quite noticeable the wind had picked up, about 18km, gusting to 27km. On our lake that little bit can be a pain. So it had started getting a little choppy, so we figured we'd take a little ride around. Well we started going and as I was cutting across we were getting some 2 foot deep troughs and thought crap! So we starred heading back in a bit to see if there was any sheltered areas, which is the exact moment we got a text from the sister in law. So we said it was pretty rough and we were probably heading in soon. So we tooled around a little and got back by the beach area, and it wasn't too bad, so we floated for a bit, then the winds died back down to about 12km and it was just enough breeze to make the 37C feeling humidity bearable. Oh well, it was kind of nice to just hang out with the Mrs.

Does sound like a great day on the H2O! The wife and I have been on vacation this week so we have put the hours on ours. It's been a good week and we're expecting to go out again to day before having to head back to work, tomorrow. 

Glad your first day out was a good one, Derrick.

It's going on 7 weeks since we've been out on the water. The knee replacement is going great but still going up  the ladder is not easy. The wife wont  let me try Sooooo I guess she's not ready for us to go for a spin. A strap the pulls on the cover at the back has separated. I wanted to get to it but got the big NO!.

I guess it's been too hot to boat anyway. 95= everyday. The last time We went out the water Temp. was 79. I'll be it's over 85 now.

Well here I am on the forum wasting good boating time. Hopefully I can convince the "War Dept.". we should  give it a try this week.

Today we'll go down to the ramp and watch the Weekend Worriers  do their thing. Better with more laughs than watching comedies on TV

Our water temp was 68-71 yesterday! Hopefully you get the all clear from the General soon! Is your ladder pretty vertical? Could you do the ole sit on one rung and push up to the next with one leg trick?

It's going on 7 weeks since we've been out on the water. The knee replacement is going great but still going up  the ladder is not easy. The wife wont  let me try Sooooo I guess she's not ready for us to go for a spin. A strap the pulls on the cover at the back has separated. I wanted to get to it but got the big NO!.

I guess it's been too hot to boat anyway. 95= everyday. The last time We went out the water Temp. was 79. I'll be it's over 85 now.

Well here I am on the forum wasting good boating time. Hopefully I can convince the "War Dept.". we should  give it a try this week.

Today we'll go down to the ramp and watch the Weekend Worriers  do their thing. Better with more laughs than watching comedies on TV
Get yourself a rope and a tall limb...No, I'm not going there. Have your wife pull your boat under that limb, hoist yourself high enough then have her back under you. Get on that boat and she can pull you to the lake! Simple. Hope you're better, soon.   :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife, back the boat up? That's an invitation to have the limb in the boat and me on the ground.

Wife, back the boat up? That's an invitation to have the limb in the boat and me on the ground.

I'm actually teaching mine how to back the trailer so she can help me at the dock. She's really doing quite well, so far. She gets a little confused as well as stressed when the trailer just won't go where she wants it to. That's when I leave the boat, go stand beside her and tell her which way to turn. I have the Jeep in 4 low, so she can't go fast if she wants to. She can also pull the boat out of the water without ever having to touch the accelerator; just using the brake and clutch.

Hold the bottom of the steering wheel and the trailer will go where your hand goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hold the bottom of the steering wheel and the trailer will go where your hand goes.
Best advice you give anybody learning to back a trailer, Jared!

Back