So who else is getting an early start to the weekend?

Dr. Evil

Reaction score
We got on the water by 11am. We had some friends of a friend down from Wisconsin with their 2 kids. The kids had never tubed before, ever :huh:

We took care of that for them though.

We had 6 adults and 2 children. Weather was great, sunny and upper 80s. Water temp was 80* when we started but was up to 84* in the coves by afternoon.

We tubed, swam, hit the rope swings and cliff jumping. All in all a great start to the weekend.

How is your weekend going?

BTW, that's me and it looks a lot higher when you're standing up there on the edge. :blink:

Norris lake Cliff Jump2.jpg

Norris Lake Cliff jump.jpg

Can't do the cliff diving but it looks amazing 

Congratulations 

Beautiful Weather 

Start to the Weekend 

It is all about BOATING 

Had a great day hoping the rain holds off all weekend 

108672042.jpg

Finding Natures Hidden Secrets 

108672167.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We started yesterday about 4pm :)

Cool cliff jump by the way!

Our 4th company will start arriving on this Sunday. We expect to be out pretty much every day up until the 6th. Hoping to get a temporary slip so we don't have to trailer every day. One of our visitors is from Maine and has never been to TN. So we are looking forward to introducing her to Dale Hollow Lake. The long range forecast looks like a great holiday.

Forgot to mention we plan on attending a fireworks show "Shake the Lake" at one of the marinas. Looks like we are going to have ten people on the Benny.

We got out at 9 am Friday, going out today and tomorrow. Then 4 days of work <_<  .... then 9 DAYS OF VACATION !! :D  

Plan on spending as many as possible on the Benny :wub:  , but I told her I want to take one day and drive down to the beach.

I haven't seen the ocean in 7 years. I'm going into withdrawal..... :(

Being retired, everyday is Saturday for me. :D    Looking forward to seeing a Niece and Nephew early next week, as they are flying down here from Iowa.

We have Saturday every day as well The catch is we don't do WEEKEND BOATING Toooooo many nuts out there. Wife and I went to the lake Thursday, anchored and went swimming, 84degrees water. No one around quiet and peaceful. The way we like it. On Sat & Sun we go to the lake in the afternoon, sit at a table near the ramp in the shade and watch the weekend boaters launch. It's quite a show. They don't have lines, they can't back up with a trailer, they forget to disconnect the boat from the trailer, they use most of the ramp to launch, and the best was the guy that tried to put his bimi on but backwards, the frame had the anchor light forward and not over the stern. Worth the price of admission :D :D :D :D :D :D :D .

Everyday is the weekend when you are retired . :D

We were on the water all day on Friday........from noon til about 8 pm. Had the lake all to ourselves and the water was like glass!!! Boating during the week on Lake Anna is a different world than the weekend.........

High pond......on Father's Day we put the boat in early and were waiting in a temporary slip for my kids to show up. It was located near the 5 ramps and it was a show watching all the people attempt to back the trailers down the ramps and launch their boats! Hilarious! One guy was having so much trouble backing up I went over there and offered him some constructive help which he accepted.......I told him to put his hand at the bottom of the steering wheel and whatever way you want to the trailer to go move your hand/wheel in that direction.........he was so appreciative and had no problem after that ........one guy backed his trailer in w/the stern tie downs still attached. Instead of pulling the trailer out of the water he jumped in and took the straps off underwater............

BigKahuna, That's what I mean, The show goes on every weekend. The best is when there's a little wind behind them. Pontoons don't like any breeze, especially from the side or behind. The ramp at the lake we go to nearby is very busy weekend afternoons. Better than staying home and look at the Benny high and dry or watching TV.

An early start and some really nice weather! I hope you all have a happy AND SAFE 4th of July.

Back