Sony DSX-S310BTX

Wendell

Reaction score
Hey guys, I wonder if someone else has already been through this, that could maybe help me out.

I ordered a SiriusXM satellite radio tuner and antenna. I have the manual for my Sony DSX-S310BTX radio, that says it is satellite ready. After I received my standard tuner, the plug is different. The sony radio has a "unilink"? plug in, but all of the tuners I've found use a pin type plug. I can't seem to find a cable to convert it over.. I'm completely lost (not an electronics guy to my dismay, lol)... has anyone else fought this battle?.. I'm ready to rip the radio out and replace it, but the boat isn't even a year old yet :/

Here's what was answered on Crutchfield when someone asked the same question.

"you will need a seperate tuner. 

[ PETE  Jan 07, 2014 ]

Satellite Radio Ready: There are several options for connecting an optional satellite radio receiver to this head unit: SIRIUS Satellite Radio: To receive SIRIUS Satellite Radio, you can connect the optional SCC1 SiriusConnect Vehicle Tuner and the optional SNYSC1 Sony interface module (package item number 700SIRSONY, sold separately). XM Satellite: A portable XM satellite radio receiver can be connected to the head unit using the Sony XA-300 UniLink auxiliary input adapter (item number 158XA300, sold separately)."

Back