Sony DSX5310BTX Radio

Gjerdingen

Reaction score
I just upgraded my stereo from the M6 to the new blutooth Sony DS5310BTX radio (Bennington uses this model in 2014's).  I have the wet sounds system also.  Last year, with my M6, I would program my stereo to keep my dynamic bass system set for  "on" and even when I turned the power off to my gages and stereo completely with the rocker switch it would remember my settings for the sub, not the time or any of that, but the more technical settings.  With this new  radio, when I turn the rocker switch off and then back on, I have to go back in to all my settings and turn dynamic bass back on or I have no booming sub playing.  Isnt there a way with the new radio to have the uunit remember my settings even if I hit my power switch?

There should be 2 power wires (red and yellow) and one of them should be powered all the time for the memory. I think it's the yellow but I'm not sure. It's been a long time since I've installed a radio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you check the manual to see if there's any mention of it.

I think Carls right though, yellow wire should be memory and if total powers lost, settings may be also unless the radio has a flash memory type system setting.

Agreed, I just find it strange Im swapping a 2013 Sony for a 2014 Sony, same wire harness, really the only difference and why I went to the new one was for bluetooth capabilities. The 2013 model would hold all the info when I turned off the main rocker, but this new model just loses it.

If I turn off the battery  switch I loose all memory ,presets ,time etc 

You shouldn't need dynamic bass. All that does is artificially boost bass and introduce distortion and amp clipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just confirmed it is the yellow wire from the manual.  The yellow should go directly to the battery from the harness and the red should go to the rocker switch; however, just as someone mentioned if you have a battery switch if you turn that off it doesn't matter because you disconnect all power.  I use my boat almost every weekend so I don't turn my switch off; however, when I do turn my battery switch off I definitely lose my settings which is a pain because I have adjusted the subwoofer settings from the defaults.

Back