Sony radio quit working, again. 2013 model.

Follow up, from VbChaz.

Thanks to you guys I have a wiring diagram.  I looked at the diagram and looked under my boat and realized the same wire runs both nav lights, so the wire under the console was not the problem, since one light worked.  I tried to remove the nav light.  One screw came out, the other seemed stripped so I had to remove the whole Dock light fixture.  Holy crap, it appears that someone used the wrong template when they drilled the holes for my light, two sets of holes, when they corrected it, it cause the wood screw for the nav light to be in a ( un-needed) hole so they used a screw and nut ( which means I have to remove the whole unit to change the bulb.)  They also had to use 1.5 inch washers so the nuts would not fracture the wood (due to the wrong holes.)  Anyway,  the problem with the light was they used a bulb that was too big for the extremely cheap light, one bump and the bulb would pop out.  I am afraid to look anywhere else on this boat.  ( I am wondering if the dealer swapped out lights on my boat??)

I re-ran the speaker wires so they are up under the edges and out of harms way.

Just to put the cherry on my cake.... The front snaps on the boat actually stick out more than any other part, second time out I bummed the bummer and now two of my snaps have to be replaced. (Two snaps on the back of the boat are so badly aligned you can't snap them.)  This is all little stuff but it does indicate a problem either with design or build quality.

I took pictures and plan to send them to Bennington just to verify if this was done at the factory or is it something done by my dealer.

On a side note.... my wife loves the boat.

Looking forward to next season.........................

Every time I get on the boat, I have a hard time manipulating the radio.  Modern receiver heads have so many tiny buttons that my mind just doesn't take in how every function works.

I saw my exact unit in Best Buy on sale for $59.95 one weekend.  Boy, what a value.  Some things do get cheaper over the years.

Back