Speedometer pic

Todd & Amanda

Reaction score
We went for a quick ride down the lake last night on the smoothest water we've had so far. We had 4 adults, the puppy, fair amount of gear, and half tank of fuel when I took the picture. I cant wait to get the new prop on this thing and see what it will really do.

mph_zpslgqpnlj8.jpg

You're gonna need a bigger speedometer!

You're gonna need a bigger speedometer!

I was actually shocked when we picked the boat up that it only registered 50mph, Merc makes those same gauges that read higher.

We went for a quick ride down the lake last night on the smoothest water we've had so far. We had 4 adults, the puppy, fair amount of gear, and half tank of fuel when I took the picture. I cant wait to get the new prop on this thing and see what it will really do.

That is great!! I was able to get out for the first time in weeks last Saturday (flooding kept me off) and after a total of 8 hours on  the motor I have yet to see close to good conditions.  25 MPH winds on Saturday so hoping over the long Holiday weekend I can find some calm water and really get a feel for what it can do. I am thinking I can top 50 in good conditions

Wow, so that's what its like to "bury the needle". So Mr. Todd, what length is your pontoon? 25?

That is great!! I was able to get out for the first time in weeks last Saturday (flooding kept me off) and after a total of 8 hours on  the motor I have yet to see close to good conditions.  25 MPH winds on Saturday so hoping over the long Holiday weekend I can find some calm water and really get a feel for what it can do. I am thinking I can top 50 in good conditions

We test drove a couple of 23ft boats with the 300 on them and they performed great. We saw 47-48 easily on both with light loads but also brand new so they weren't broken in yet. Also didn't pay any attention to the mounting location or the props on the test drives so could be more mph with some tweaks.

Wow, so that's what its like to "bury the needle". So Mr. Todd, what length is your pontoon? 25?

Yes, it's a 25Qsb. I want to see double nickels on that display so bad and I know it's capable.

Yes, it's a 25Qsb. I want to see double nickels on that display so bad and I know it's capable.

Looks like the gauge on your boat is obsolete in your case! Just going to have to depend on the GPS for those higher speeds. 

Send me a mailing address,so that i can mail you some tooth picks to get the bugs out of the teeth . LOL

Looks like 55 is achievable though. Enjoy going after it. 

We test drove a couple of 23ft boats with the 300 on them and they performed great. We saw 47-48 easily on both with light loads but also brand new so they weren't broken in yet. Also didn't pay any attention to the mounting location or the props on the test drives so could be more mph with some tweaks.

49. 5 is the best I have seen in awful conditions.  I would just like to hit 50 occasionally. And if I don't, I am good with the 48 to 49. It is all fun.

So Todd and Amanda, you guys boating on Nolin? I have a place there and typically spend every weekend and then some there starting Memorial weekend.

So Todd and Amanda, you guys boating on Nolin? I have a place there and typically spend every weekend and then some there starting Memorial weekend.

No we are on Dale Hollow lake. 

Back