Sport Tower/Arch owners... cover question ...(pics of boat as well)

Well, here we are in 2014 and still no resolution. I am absolutely astonished at how it is possible for this to have been going on this long. I spoke to a rep at the end of February last year when I was "hoping" to figure out a way to buy the tower model, about the leaking issues. I have had numerous conversations with my dealer and the Bennington rep in regards to this issue. Supposedly it was going to be done November 27th. Well obviously that didn't happen. I've been told that we're waiting on Tumac, well then I guess someone high up at Bennington needs to light a fire and make them realize the importance of it. I am sick and tired of hearing the run around story. I just want it fixed so I can go back to being proud of my boat, and the company that built it. Not disappointed in the both of them. It is a beautiful boat. I love being out on it. The workmanship of the boat is superb. The people that built it should be proud. The lack of correcting a problem that has been known about, and one that can cause serious electrical problems on a boat with an MSRP of $100G, ridiculous. I'm done.

Jason is the one I spoke to while ordering ,telling me I can order what is not listed on the build site .

tumacsmike@comcast.net (In  Pittsburg)

tumacskevin@comcast.net( In Lansing )

tumacsmisty@comcast.net ( In Elkhart )

412-653-1188 ( Pittsburg ) 

tumacs@comcast.net  ( Main email ? ) 

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason is the one I spoke to while ordering ,telling me I can order what is not listed on the build site .

tumacsmike@comcast.net (In  Pittsburg)

tumacskevin@comcast.net( In Lansing )

tumacsmisty@comcast.net ( In Elkhart )

412-653-1188 ( Pittsburg ) 

tumacs@comcast.net  ( Main email ? ) 
Thanks Jack, as for the ordering what isn't shown, definitely you can. I never had any problems with that. I got them to do extra stuff for my stereo without a hiccup. I also have Sandstone vinyl with diamond stitching on Crimson Red, which isn't an option listed, but I have it and love it. As I said, I have no problems with my Bennington parts. As for the emails, I appreciate you taking the time to list them for me, but in truth, I don't feel like I spent this much money on a boat that I should have to hound after each supplier to get something done. That is one of Bennington's claim to fame is that everything is under your warranty, and all serviced by your dealer. So if your radio breaks, you don't have to try to claim warranty work with Sony, you go to your dealer and they handle all of it. So this is no different. I have hounded my dealer and rep and anyone who will listen so much that I'm just flat out sick of it. I had great service from Bennington with regards to Tumac before, my zipper broke on the bimini and sent a pic to my dealer, no problem, new one sent out quite quickly. Which is why I always ranted and raved about how good they were. I had an LED on my Wet Sounds speaker that didn't work, no problem, here is a new one. Bennington takes care of problems when it comes to replacement quite quickly in my situations,  but I guess because they have to get Tumac to go and physically redesign the playpen cover, that is where the issue lies. This is something that shouldn't have happened in the first place, since EVERY SINGLE PERSON who has one will have the exact same problem. It wasn't a couple bad batches, or a flawed seam, or anything like that, it was a DESIGN problem that should have been realized instantly and corrected before Tumac started using their template for it. So now a new template needs to be made. Whatever, I'm sure you are all sick of hearing about this, just as I'm sick of complaining about it. But thanks for reading and responding, makes me at least feel like someone is listening. 

Well, here is a long overdue update. I finally called Bennington directly. I left a message yesterday and today I get a call back from them saying that there records show that the altered cover was delivered to my dealer on December 19th! I messaged my dealer and they had no idea! Well I guess it got shipped up with some other items for a different boat and they hadn't opened it and taken a look. So it is now on it's way to me. I still have to get it out to my boat storage and figure out a way to get the snaps put on, but hopefully it works properly and I can finally end this long drawn out disappointment. Now if my dealer can just figure out my extended warranty on my motor everything will be ok good! Oh, anybody ever get a chance to take a picture of the speaker cover/protection under the seats?

Well, here is a long overdue update. I finally called Bennington directly. I left a message yesterday and today I get a call back from them saying that there records show that the altered cover was delivered to my dealer on December 19th! I messaged my dealer and they had no idea! Well I guess it got shipped up with some other items for a different boat and they hadn't opened it and taken a look. So it is now on it's way to me. I still have to get it out to my boat storage and figure out a way to get the snaps put on, but hopefully it works properly and I can finally end this long drawn out disappointment. Now if my dealer can just figure out my extended warranty on my motor everything will be ok good! Oh, anybody ever get a chance to take a picture of the speaker cover/protection under the seats?
This is a different answer than I received last week .I will pm you Derrick .

Back