SPS lifting stakes

Outabounds68

Reaction score
The SPS description shows lifting strakes for the center tube only. There is an option (not grayed out) to add Lifting strakes to the outside toons for $700 and I did not add that. Kind of suprised the SPS does not include this. Am I missing something or is center strakes all I need?

Sps includes performance foils on the insides of the outer toons and lifting strikes on the center toon

If you add the outer strakes ,it will not bank in turns .

If you add strakes to the outer tubes, it will turn flat and not bank. Great for going in a straight line but not for sharp turns as the 6 strakes is what we have on our boat. I always have thoughts of cutting the outer strakes off.

I only have the 2 tube with strake set up and can attest to the flat turns. Love how quickly they get me up on plane but had to adjust to the flat turns especially when pulling the kids on the tube. Not that I expect the thing to turn on a dime but the flat turns are definitely noticeable.

Standard SPS is all you will need. I have a SF21 with SPS and 150 Mercury and it will plane out at about 10 MPH and will do 40 MPH.

We have the Yamaha 150 w/standard SPS and have very similar results to Don. Handles great!

Back