SPS Plus

You're gonna love it! This is one of those situations where ALL the choices are really good, no downside with any of them. The SPS will be a great boat.

I never followed back up.  We were actually still in the window (barely) where we could have added this change to our order.  Bennington came back with a quote for $6300 to go from our normal SPS with a 200 Verado to the SPS Plus with a 250 Verado.

After some serious deliberation, we decided to stick with our original order.  We had already went $1k above our budge originally, and so this would have really blown up our price.  Had it been an option when we first ordered, we would have likely cut out other options to fit this in.  But it wasn't, so we didn't.  

Based on what many of you have said that have 200hp SPS set ups now, we are confident we will be very pleased saving the money and sticking with that set up.  Thanks for the advice and helping me feel good about saving the $.

As I just traded in a SPS with 200 HP, you will really like it. It's a great set-up and motor.

Based on what many of you have said that have 200hp SPS set ups now, we are confident we will be very pleased saving the money and sticking with that set up.  Thanks for the advice and helping me feel good about saving the $.

As much as I push for more HP, I'm sure you'll be happy with your set up! I have NEVER had anyone on our boat who doesn't comment on how quick our boat is, how quick it planes and how awesome it rides and handles! We've even had a couple Manitou owners on our boat and they were impressed, even since I paid half what they did, may not beat them on top but they don't leave me till 38-40mph.  Unless you need every last MPH, SPS200 is an awesome combination! 

I never followed back up.  We were actually still in the window (barely) where we could have added this change to our order.  Bennington came back with a quote for $6300 to go from our normal SPS with a 200 Verado to the SPS Plus with a 250 Verado.

After some serious deliberation, we decided to stick with our original order.  We had already went $1k above our budge originally, and so this would have really blown up our price.  Had it been an option when we first ordered, we would have likely cut out other options to fit this in.  But it wasn't, so we didn't.  

The speed difference between the 200 and a 250 is very small. Now I suppose when I bought the new one with a 250hp, I also added the weight of the Sport Tower and the equivalent of 1.5 adults ( batteries and stereo gear), but it was only a couple mph faster. Now an exact displacement replacement would have prob got me about 5-6 mph more. Definitely not worth $6300! You'll love it! 

I'd love to try a 250 on the back of mine to see what it would do!

Back