Squirrel Damage to cushion

DanOnTheRiver

Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to prevent? My 18 foot boat is kept behind our house and there are lots of squirrels. We have had the boat for about 3 years and she is always covered. This is the first time we have had any damage or signs of critters on the boat. Any idea how much a new cushion is going to cost or repaired?

Attachments

• damaged 03112024.jpg
    damaged 03112024.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Sorry that’s happened. I hope that’s the only place they got to. Probably difficult to know what creature did this. Most will tell you there’s not much you can do but others have tried dryer sheets spread all around the inside or lots moth balls. Cleaning the inside after every trip and wiping up any spills of food or drinks. I think most of the time it’s food there after. Leaving trash in trash can or food and crumbs after eating etc…. If you can keep them from getting inside maybe a tarp that covers all the doors and side entrances.
I know this may not help but good luck and if you do fined something that works please share.

The plan is to place a few bags of moth balls throughout the boat. That and a .22 ! :) maybe. Are there any problems with breathing the fumes. I do plan to air out the boat before crawling inside to take off the cover.

The plan is to place a few bags of moth balls throughout the boat. That and a .22 ! :) maybe. Are there any problems with breathing the fumes. I do plan to air out the boat before crawling inside to take off the cover.
No problem with the smell! As soon as you take the cover off and get underway you won't smell anything!

Back