SSRX G Series Helm Chair

patcraver

Reaction score
When we went to pick up the boat Saturday the co-captains chair was the standard S series and the main captains chair was the upgraded G series as it was supposed to be. I told the dealer that both chairs were supposed to be G series chairs as the order sheet said but they said the boat was only supposed to have one G chair and the other the S. They did end up swapping the co-captains chair with another boat they had in stock so we did end up getting both G series chairs but from everything I have looked up when you upgrade the helm chair on the SSRX it automatically upgraded the co-captains chair. (In the build a boat page on Benninington's site there is only one option for the upgraded helm chair and it has a (2) next to it meaning both chairs are upgraded). This has just been bugging me, was I correct here?

The way you state it you are. Did you have the build sheet with BM model numbers? They should have a specification tied to the BM model number to assist you in clarifying your point.

The number next to the Delete S Helm Add G Helm says 9042852. When I looked it up on the build a boat page thats the same number next to the Add G Helm (2).

I just looked at the build site,the 2 are listed and if you look at the single chair upgrade on a different model S it is about half as much .I agree you should have received two . 

Either way you have the correct chairs now ,Enjoy your boat .

Actually it looks like the single chair upgrade is not even an option .

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you. I must say looks like the dealer and Bennington did the right thing with the exchange enjoy your new boat and enjoy your new chairs. That's what good companies do. They make it right.

I agree, I really like my dealer. They were awesome to work with and they took plenty of time with me to explain everything and answer all of my questions. They really didn't give me any trouble exchanging the chair, I was more worried that I was incorrect in thinking the boat was to have both chairs upgraded.

At least your dealer jumped on it quick. I had to wait 12 weeks for a replacement for one on my prior boat... Pulling from stock boat just makes sense and provides great customer service.

I also agree, that was the right decision. Just 1 more reason why Bennington and their dealers are the best in the business!!

Great looking boat, have fun on the water.

Marc

It's great when the dealer just takes care of it and figures out how it's all going to work out later. I had a problem with one of the modules on my Verado not properly showing what gear it was in. No big deal as the boat ran fine. Before I could even say anything further the tech had gone back to the dealership (15 miles away), swiped one out of the engine on the floor, drove back over and put it in mine, and it worked perfectly. I never heard another word about it, as they just took care of it on the back end.

It is amazing Tom. I can't imagine any other boats brand dealer doing anything like this.

Everyone makes mistakes. It's what's done about it that separates the men from the boys.

Back